A&H

Best footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubref

GET ON WITH IT
Open question folks !

What do you think is the best footwear for Winter/Summer?

Umbro, Puma, Addidas ?
I prefare Umbro SG for winter and Puma King FG for summer.

The Referee Store
Wear Nike tiempos. Got both sg and hg. Only boots I find comfortable

im sick of buying expensive boots and them spliting, i bought puma king pro £95 and they didnt last more than 4 months on a cold night i they frozen while on my feet and split away from sole. Now i spend no more than £20 a pair at the minute i have umbro sepciali fg and they cost me £15 they will do me..

Coz ive got flipper feet, ive found that the cheaper boots dont seem to fit me as well, so stupidly spent £180 on 2 pairs of boots :( one pair of which i havent even worn as they are the soft ground boots, and i didnt referee through the winter

That said ive got wide feet so are the only ones i really find comfortable

I have to agree. Brought myself a pair of Copas at the start of the year to ease the pain that I had quit playing to concentrate on the whistle and they are very comfy! I may invest in a pair of flats for the summer months but they could well be Copas also!

I have a pair of Nike Tiempos HG's, Adiddas Kaiser 5 in the mouldies. On the off chance that the pitch is so heard that I can't wear mouldies, I have a pair of Puma Sprint astros in the car.

i wear copa mudials all year round except now where the pitchs are rock hard and i wear some umbro astro trainers

with the boots if you care and look after them as in wash properly dubbin properly and polish they should last you years i always say if you look after them they look after you

Just bought a pair of Puma King Astros with gel in the heel. I'll wear them well into October and from next March, so they're my main boots. Only £40 online from Amazon!

Ive also got Puma King short moulded, Asics gel long moulded (great for medium soft lines) and really comfy Nike screw ins (on't know the model, but they were £50 about 5 years ago). I always clean my boots after every game, sets the tone in the changing room when you get them out your bag. And they last too!

Boot cleaning is part of my immediate post match routine. Kit in the washing machine, paperwork from the game completed, then boots cleaned and packed back in my bag. Although my bag has been packed for months and not been used :(

I'm a bit different to you Ross, cleaning my boots in one of the last things I do before leaving th house for a match. Granted I hammer the mud off on the pavement/wall once the games finished, but I don't tend to clean them untill just before the match... Even then I sometimes forgett :rolleyes:

I never bang my boots on the wall etc. As my dad used to go mad at me for doing so. His thought was that it damages the studs. I pick the mud off by hand, then a stiff brush to get the rest off. Once dry, dubbin on and in the bag. Simple!

Don't tell me you also clean your boots in the clubs shower like a certain other person?

NEVER! Respect goes for facilities too.

Sometimes I take the boots home full of mud, and bang them in my back garden (I've been watching too much Celebrity Juice, euphemism alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back