A&H

Big ***** Cat

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
I've faces a few angry lions on the FOP over the years, I never thought i'd get the chance to do it for real!!
23435047_10155944996009791_4784676667522371530_n.jpg

The stick is given to everyone as they respect it from their handlers!! Not quite the England Lions but these two Senagalise ones will do for me!!!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I wasn't hunting them Charlie, if anything the one on the left was eying me up for dinner!!!

Apparently its the first time I've gone 2 hours without (a) caution!!!

Last edited:
I appreciate that ... but those lions must be under sedation in order for you to be in there standing so close to them - and that is what I have an issue with, humanities reluctance to admire anything from afar in its natural habitat ...

I also have massive issues with Sea World etc.

Safari parks are fine, and so are sanctuaries set up in England, such as Colchester Zoo ...

Fair point, and right to talk about!! These two girls have another sister and a brother, they don't / shouldn't breed inter family so they've been newted or whatever the Lion equivalent is! Lions live longer in 'captivity' than in the wild, they are not behind cages like in a UK Zoo, they have a range and are fed with two donkeys every 4 days. Sadly with growing populations they are safer here and hopefully people can respect them and learn to respect them as i do. In another area they have grown a population of 174 of a type of Elan to over 300 so its valuable work! I respect the other argument too! THEY ARE NOT UNDER SEDATION!!!

The profanity bar is set fairly low with regards to feline animals it seems. We must have a few wussies on here that easily take offence! :cool:

Last edited:
Back