A&H

Blood subsitutions

Steve Fall

Level 4 Referee
After my final middle of the season, and a player took the ball at full force on his nose, it occured to me why don't FIFA introduce Blood subs as is rugby.

The reason for the thought was the team, while the player was being treated, were disadvantaged in the fact they had lost a player from the pitch while he was treated.

Thoughts ?

The Referee Store
Would that not be the same for any injury then not just blood? We could get into the scenario of WWE and people taking the wee capsules onto the pitch so they could say they were bleeding to be taken off especially after all the subs have been used? Rugby a different game altogether they use multiple subs and change the game depending on who's on and off the pitch. WE ARE FOOTBALL...LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US BE FOOTBALL.

Would that not be the same for any injury then not just blood? We could get into the scenario of WWE and people taking the wee capsules onto the pitch so they could say they were bleeding to be taken off especially after all the subs have been used? Rugby a different game altogether they use multiple subs and change the game depending on who's on and off the pitch. WE ARE FOOTBALL...LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US BE FOOTBALL.
Rugby had a major scandal a few seasons ago over this rule being exploited and it's not a simple as it seems. I believe if a player comes off for a medical reason he is off for a minimum of 10 minutes. Even so, in the last 6 Nations, one of the team's exploited that rule to get a fresh prop on.

One of the beauties of lower level park football in my neck of the woods, most leagues are rolling subs. So on the odd occasion when this happens they can roll them on and off any way (obviously still checking that bleeding has stopped).

Rugby had a major scandal a few seasons ago over this rule being exploited and it's not a simple as it seems. I believe if a player comes off for a medical reason he is off for a minimum of 10 minutes. Even so, in the last 6 Nations, one of the team's exploited that rule to get a fresh prop on.
Exactly @Brian Hamilton...I also believe was it Matt Dawson a few years ago used a capsule or nicked the inside of his mouth (physio) during a game to get a fresh sub on. Agree in the case where there is a blood injury player has to remain of for a minimum time period before being allowed on to allow proper assessment and treatment.

Exactly @Brian Hamilton...I also believe was it Matt Dawson a few years ago used a capsule or nicked the inside of his mouth (physio) during a game to get a fresh sub on. Agree in the case where there is a blood injury player has to remain of for a minimum time period before being allowed on to allow proper assessment and treatment.
Matt Dawson was not involved.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...Richards-ban-how-Bloodgate-saga-unfolded.html

Sometimes, even real blood is used to cheat.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/17/sport/football/brazil-chile-world-cup-scandal/

Back