A&H

Bobby Madley is back

You don't summarily fire someone and then give them a job again a couple of years later.

To do so implies that the offence they were fired for wasn't that serious, and that they were dealt with in an overly harsh manner to begin with.

This offer to return to PGMOL in League 1 & 2 only came after he went public about what he did, and what happened subsequently.
Obvs you do..........🙂

The Referee Store
Well quite, but you know what I'm saying.

If he did something bad enough to get fired then that should bar him from future employment.
You're absolutely right. If this was the intention then he would have been "suspended" rather than fired and the decision to move him out of the select group would have been part of the initial announcement. The fact that wasn't the case suggests a change of heart - and that either happens because management changes and the new management takes a different view to the old management (which hasn't happened here), or they realise they made a mistake.

This is all codswallop.,They announced he was leaving for family reasons and to move to Norway to pastures new. Zero mention of sacking! Hadn’t they the balls to say the truth, it was always going to come out!

This is all codswallop.,They announced he was leaving for family reasons and to move to Norway to pastures new. Zero mention of sacking! Hadn’t they the balls to say the truth, it was always going to come out!

They didn't say that did they, he did? And he did move to Norway, I know as I've met him out there. His partner is Norwegian and he got very involved with the NFF (Norwegian Football Federation).

They didn't say that did they, he did? And he did move to Norway, I know as I've met him out there. His partner is Norwegian and he got very involved with the NFF (Norwegian Football Federation).
Absolute rubbish....

The PGMOL had 18 referees for the new Premier League season but that will now be limited to just 17.

They released a statement following his absence in which they confirmed his resignation.

It read: 'Bobby Madley is no longer employed by PGMOL.

'We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.'

Absolute rubbish....

The PGMOL had 18 referees for the new Premier League season but that will now be limited to just 17.

They released a statement following his absence in which they confirmed his resignation.

'We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.'
To be fair that doesn't say he left due to personal circumstances.

It says he is no longer employed by PGMOL. And that he has relocated due to personal circumstances

Absolute rubbish....

That absolutely doesn't say that they didn't end his employment. The second sentence is almost a follow onto the first one.

Think about it when an employee leaves an organisation they normally get a "thanks for your service message", there is none of this here. Compare it to Lee Probert retiring, chalk and cheese ....

A statement that says he is "no longer employed" is them saying he has been sacked. As Rusty has pointed out, if he had left of his own accord theyd have wished him well etc.
Not really, did he resign? Was he made to resign! No longer employed doesn't imply anything specifically. When Sam was sacked we all knew the reason!!!

Back