A&H

Boot Laces ?

The Referee Store
Two reds and 4/5 yellows in my 20 minutes of my first adult game sort of set a tone... it did get better, took them 10 years to understand though!

Back in the day when the three amigos's laid down the law......a sight to behold (figuratively speaking as we never ever got near the same pitch)......
You can still watch Minty in action on Google street view. :cool: Just rotate the view for the action going on around him.

Deal with each case on its merits. Simples.

and

And another one for good measure

I agree with Ben 448844 and SF. Common sense is needed. On tying shoe laces I have spent half an hour in my car after a game trying to defrost my fingers as they are that cold I can not undo my laces!

I agree with Ben 448844 and SF. Common sense is needed. On tying shoe laces I have spent half an hour in my car after a game trying to defrost my fingers as they are that cold I can not undo my laces!
Spot on, Tina, three people sharing my considered opine in one day must be some sort of a forum record?

Minty and I haven’t a problem with shoe laces, it’s the space continuum between the thought and the action.

Unless of course your stopping the game every two mins because a pitch of 10yr olds are tripping over there laces & the parents / coaches on the sidelines are instructing you to keep stopping the game, in that instance i’d Put it high on my list of pre match instruction. We’re talking kids of course.

Hate to disagree with a fellow 'R', but going to have to on this one I'm afraid!:p

During a stoppage, common sense to allow kids to get their laces sorted. Adults grass roots, I also allow it now and then. But as RobOda indicated, not good during assessments or at a higher level

I tend to be proactive, and if a player says laces, I say you might want to tell your own player next time it's your team's restart.

Common sense is basically the law here. If a team is looking to take a quick restart, then I'd probably let them.

If it's a slow restart, I'd be tempted to tell them to hold on. They're in no rush to restart so they can wait for the player.

I would argue however that you should make sure players do their laces up. I've seen many a boot or two fly off, so I guess it would fall under improper equipment. You might get it in the neck for making them leave the FOP to correct it though.

Loved it when a player tried the old ruse of tying shoelaces and you wave play on. He’s half expecting your compassion and there is none on offer....

Back