A&H

Both linos on the same side!

JoeMaloney5

Level 7 Referee
So basically i did a friendly and when i was about to kick off i asked the lino if he was ok to start then turned around to repeat to other lino but i noticed the away teams lino was on his Rb and Home team on his Lb i told home team that their lino needs to be on other side and i got a reply of "Its not the f'ing Fa cup final" but i said no if you want to play this friendly the lino must swap sides eventually he did but i still had players mumbling its only a friendly.

Would anyone of allowed two linos on the same line considering it was a friendly or would most do what i did?

The Referee Store
Think of the reason you have them - to call ball in and out in most cases. Having them on one side means you’re leaving a whole side exposed, thus negating the very reason for having them! And what if a ball goes out and they each flag in their team’s favour? Good luck stopping the handbags from that one.

agree with @alexgr. Having both CARs on one side creates more problems than it solves. I'd rather have no CARs than both on the same side. I think they would have accepted it a little more willingly had you explained the reasons. Go the friendly reasoning approach first and if that doesn't work you can tell them you wont ref it if not compiled.

Whilst in agreement with @alexgr, it's probably worth adding that you should probably include that as part of your prematch brief. Quick one line telling them where to stand, saves any confusion

Am I missing something here? You had two lino’s on the same side of the pitch?

Agree with @QuaverRef , you might want to consider including this in a pre-match brief. Much easier to say "Same side as your left backs please" than it is to move them once they've taken a position.

checky comment aswell "Its not the fa Cup final" i shouldve replied with like "ohh i wish it was" or "maybe not yet but just you wait"😆(hopefully)
I get that comment (or "its not the premier league") often. My standard response is "so you don't mind if I sit on a chair and referee the game from the sideline then". Keep a big smile on your face and they get the message.

Back