A&H

Bottom of the table football - oh my days

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Two really poor teams, two good assistants, fantastic match.
The football was so bad but it was such a great game. Finished 4-4, 7 YCs and a red for the home GK for jumping to palm away a lob - about 3 yards outside the area.

One goal brilliantly disallowed by experienced AR2. Four players look to get on the end of a cross coming onto the penalty spot, first attacker starts in an offside position, challenges but away from the ball... second attacker times a great run and heads it in. AR2 flags and I go and check with him it's for the interfering with an opponent by the first attacker, smiles.

And it was the game of 2019 handballs. I think we had 7 altogether. 4 were hands by the side or in front of the body, waved away. One blatant deliberate. One off the thigh with the arm over the head.

And then corner, attacking header, defender is in a horrible jumping position and the ball hits his hand above his head, the ball goes towards goal and the GK tips it over. I didn't clearly see the handball and started to signal corner. AR1 has seen nothing and has got confused and wants GK. However, everyone in the box is saying or sheepishly looking penalty. There are guilty looks all round. I stop the game, go to AR1, have "the chat" and tell him we will go with the players. By this time we've lost the offending player. I blow, point, go back to the box, state my decision, ask the offender to come forward, and he does - and confesses! At last - we've got one!

The Referee Store
Back