A&H

Buzzer flags

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
So ... with Christmas coming up I sually start to save some pennies to treat those that I love around me ...

with that in mind I panic bought a set of buzzer flags ... the Refscall ones ...

does anyone have user reviews? only bought them for £70

The Referee Store
So ... with Christmas coming up I sually start to save some pennies to treat those that I love around me ...

with that in mind I panic bought a set of buzzer flags ... the Refscall ones ...

does anyone have user reviews? only bought them for £70
Yeah, my review, get your money back and buy some ervocoms or touchlines

Or better still, concentrate on learning the craft and stop worrying about things you will not need, that add absolutely nothing to your refereeing ability and make you look a twit when you have to explain how they work to 2 hungover (or still pissed) troglodytes who are "running" the line on a Sunday morning pub game.......

:eek::eek: I have just realised who you are @Padfoot you are that guy that goes around writing disgruntled reviews on amazon!! :p:p:D:D

are they that bad @Ross ? I thought for £70, why not ... I wont be using them on Sundays but for the odd games I get with NAR's then why not for a price of 2 matches?

Agree with Ross even at £70 u were ripped off mate

They will let u down more times than they will work really poor flags even at that money

For £70 there is nothing wrong with the RefsCall, they work perfectly and just aren't as sophisticated as the Ervocoms and Touchlines. Surely all you need is that when the assistant presses the button you get alerted, and when I had them they did that job.

Are they as good as the more expensive brands, well no of course they aren't. The receiver is bulky, the button is difficult to press for assistants, the handle is slippy, etc. But that is no different to buying a car - if you pay £10,000 for a Dacia Duster it almost certainly won't tick all of the boxes that a £30,000 Audi Q3 would. As with everything in life you get what you pay for.

I agree with Ross. I hated being AR and using refscall flags. Horrible experience. Second only to a ref who ingeniously made his own flags out of a brush handle and some nylon material - in the wind it was like getting whipped when the things hit your expose flesh :blackeye:

Also, Padfoot has a point. ;)

Second only to a ref who ingeniously made his own flags out of a brush handle and some nylon material - in the wind it was like getting whipped when the things hit your expose flesh
I am getting one these ones for my next AR duty. Thanks for the tip.

Back