A&H

CAR’s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
At youth must parents club officials try and do a good job, although I was doing a semi final and had issues between players and car didn't hear what was said as I was too far away but I think the car was trying to wind up the opposition attackers. When I do the toss I bring in both captains and cars and explain what I would like them to do. All fouls and misconduct I will give. Although I sometimes have to explain this again during the match. I also talk through 4 options for offside.
1. The flag is up and I am looking at the car offside.
2. The flag goes up and I will shout loudly over ruled and they will drop their flag
3. I am following play and don't see the flag keep it up because some one will start screaming ref ref and I will look and then make a decision
4. I can also give offside.
I keep it brief and concise. If a flag goes up and a goal is scored before I have whistled I will approach the CAR and ask why he has flagged if it is not obvious and I have doubts why he has flagged.
If any one feels I can add to my options I will take advice but it seems to work for me.
I also do this for OA and if there is a change at HT repeat my instructions, although the players are normally so jarred off about not starting I don't think they listen that much!

Semi finals (and finals obviously!) should ALWAYS have neutral ARs - that's comp organisers' fault. In fact I'm one such on Sunday (U17/18 league cup semi)

The Referee Store
Back