A&H

Card Count

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Just added up my card count for the promotion season as need to hand paperwork back (I have finished refereeing for the promotion season so getting it in early)...

The bit where we have to add up our cards. So got counting and didn't realise that I had so many cards. Had 1 game that had 6 yellow and 3 reds and another game that had 7 yellows.
In total I had 67 yellow cards and 6 red in 27 matches. 6 matches had no cautions.
On average thats 2.5 cards per game. Probably not bad by some people but I don't normally count so it is a shock.

What are other peoples averages?

The Referee Store
Last season: 2.4 cautions per match, 0.3 reds. (2.7 total)

This season: 3.9 cautions per match, 0.75 reds. (4.65 per match total)

Percentages look the same: 70% ish for C1 both seasons, 15%ish for dissent. More SFP and VC this season for me though, not unusual this season though as there has been a big surge in red cards across the entire county. Fun times.

Last season:
1.06 Cautions/match
0.35 Dismissals/match

This season:
1.52 Cautions/match
0.26 Dismissals/match

13 middles. 48 Yellow giving me an average of 3.7 p/g. 4 Reds. Roughly 0.25 p/g

Latterly I used to average about 2 yellows per game on a Sunday and maybe one red in 4,,,,,
Saturdays was about 1 yellow per game with maybe one red in 6,,
In my early years I was far far higher though than that.... far far higher!!! A proper confetti referee just dealing with complete clusterfuchs...:poop:
We all joined the Get Along Gang and things improved!!! They listened!!!

3 years at L5 and I averaged just over 1 yellow a game, and one red every 8 games. This is my third year at L4 and I've averaged 1.6 yellows a game, and one red in 7.

Over the last 2 seasons I've averaged 2.18 cautions per match and have got out the red one roughly once in every 8 matches.

Judging by some people's reds averages I think I must be lenient.
I've had 6 reds in 27 games, making it an average of 1 red in every 4.5 games, but 3 reds were in one game. Remove that game and it becomes 3 reds in 26 games, an average of 1 in 9 nearly.

15xOA Middles, 30xYC, 0xRC, 1xER, 3xPens
Only one 'career' adult dismissal (from 40+ games), as I seem to prefer dismissing kids. Very low penalty count overall. Just anomalous stats imo

I've had 3 months out, so my sample size this season is pretty small...

~3 cards a game, but if you take out the 3 card-free matches it comes closer to 4 a game. And even in a 13 match season, I've shown more red cards this season that in the past 2 combined. So really not sure my numbers so far are very representative!

Some of the Herberts I used to deal with were just out of prison or very close to being on first name terms with all aspects of the law! When these type footballers clash with similar types fun happens.. Card counts go out of the window, they actually don't care. Some get booked every week like a badge of honour....However I was, it didn't affect their behaviour, I put myself in harms way many many times breaking up fights and hand bags etc, Ive seen far more decorated referees locally completely sink when faced with the same. I could ref their picked assessed games from my car, they usually were kept far far away from my world!!! Probably for the best!!!

Some of the Herberts I used to deal with were just out of prison or very close to being on first name terms with all aspects of the law! When these type footballers clash with similar types fun happens.. Card counts go out of the window, they actually don't care. Some get booked every week like a badge of honour....However I was, it didn't affect their behaviour, I put myself in harms way many many times breaking up fights and hand bags etc, Ive seen far more decorated referees locally completely sink when faced with the same. I could ref their picked assessed games from my car, they usually were kept far far away from my world!!! Probably for the best!!!
There ought to be a statue of worship outside Bramall Lane. Hold on, as you just typed that message, you can't be brown bread yet!

Inner city Sunday league is very different to well organised Saturday stuff or kids football. I've played with players that were out to break legs and made no secret of it. Fights after games and during! There's alot less of it about now thankfully but it still goes on. I played hakf my football in inner city Manchester and the other half in Derbyshire/Cheshire. It's a different sport and a different world for the referee!

Like I said, thankfully it's drifting out of our game from the playing side of things. The abuse towards the refs is still as bad as it ever was though if not worse.

Others may have had different experiences in their life on football pitches but that's mine. I've also played in some great league's!

There ought to be a statue of worship outside Bramall Lane. Hold on, as you just typed that message, you can't be brown bread yet!
There is a statue already outside Bramall Lane of the great Derek Dooley. Between 1950 and 1953 he scored 62 goals in 61 league games for the Owls, along with one goal from his two FA Cup appearances. His career was cut short when an infected leg had to be amputated following a serious fracture in his last match for the club. He was sacked by SWFC on xmas eve the same as Carlos!!! He became a legend for us too... RIP..

Had about 12 middles thus far, and 24 yellows without any reds. No tackles, SFP or so to even come close. Bit weird, had more last year. Seems to be quiet up north here in NL

3 years at L5 and I averaged just over 1 yellow a game, and one red every 8 games. This is my third year at L4 and I've averaged 1.6 yellows a game, and one red in 7.
You're not making it easy for yourself to tick many AOL boxes with those averages ... #musttryharder ;) ... Bet the clubs love you though :)

A paltry 12 Supply League middles for me this marking season ... 34 Yellows (70% for C1) and 2 Reds (Double Yellow and DOGSO)

Back