A&H

Cards for match officials

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
So next season I understand that we will be able to give yellow and red cards to team officials i.e. coaches etc, or if we can't identify the offender then the coach gets it on their behalf.

I think this is a good idea in that it formalises the ask tell remove approach, ask them to be quiet, if they keep going then a caution, and finally a red, I think it will just make it obvious to everyone what is going on.

Something that occurred to me out of the blue today, does anyone know how we would report this via whole game?

Would it just be the same as a player, i.e. select team, enter or select name and then choose caution or dismissal codes. Or, will there be a separate option for staff?

The Referee Store
This should have been in years ago, I think I’d of doubled my card count and halved my Club Marks! 👍👍👍

I actually think one of the pluses of cards is that there is something to formally report short of dismissals, which can help leagues (especially youth leagues) identify problem coaches.

Can we show the cards to parents ?
I hope that's not a serious question. But just in case, only in certain circunstances.
You can only show the card to an official of a team ie manager, coach etc. If that's a parent then I suppose the answer to your question is yes, in that circumstance.
A parent deemed to be a spectator can't be shown a card and should be dealt with via existing process

I hope that's not a serious question. But just in case, only in certain circunstances.
You can only show the card to an official of a team ie manager, coach etc. If that's a parent then I suppose the answer to your question is yes, in that circumstance.
A parent deemed to be a spectator can't be shown a card and should be dealt with via existing process
You missed if/when a parent is a player/sub (for example father son playing in the same team) ;)

Back