A&H

Caution a team official

I guess it's not much different than the Ask, Tell. Remove approach to disciplining the benches.

But, instead of only reporting when they're binned, you'd also report them for the official yellow card.

If it were to be implemented here at Grassroots there would need to be alot of work down by clubs to makesure their coaches etc are all registered on WGS, and that any league that uses teamsheets provides enough space for all of the coaches etc to be entered.

But, then surely we'd see a problem with controlling those who are supposed to be in the technical area. Most of my games takes place at a local park or playing field where each teams "technical area" is a mix of players, coaches, and people who might be coaches or might just be people watching.
in the three leagues I officiate in its parents etc one side and only club registered coaches the other so would be easy

The Referee Store
I guess it's not much different than the Ask, Tell. Remove approach to disciplining the benches.

But, instead of only reporting when they're binned, you'd also report them for the official yellow card.

If it were to be implemented here at Grassroots there would need to be alot of work down by clubs to makesure their coaches etc are all registered on WGS, and that any league that uses teamsheets provides enough space for all of the coaches etc to be entered.

But, then surely we'd see a problem with controlling those who are supposed to be in the technical area. Most of my games takes place at a local park or playing field where each teams "technical area" is a mix of players, coaches, and people who might be coaches or might just be people watching.
Hmm but this is asking for trouble. I’m lucky that I know which teams/benches round my way might be trouble. And that means I’ve had the thing where the bench invades the pitch but it turns out the 3 guys causing aggro were just mates sitting on the bench! Nightmare.

So, with said teams at grassroots, I remind the non playing/coaching hangers on to do one from close to the benches... and ask anyone in between the benches to kindly relocate;)

Hmm but this is asking for trouble. I’m lucky that I know which teams/benches round my way might be trouble. And that means I’ve had the thing where the bench invades the pitch but it turns out the 3 guys causing aggro were just mates sitting on the bench! Nightmare.

So, with said teams at grassroots, I remind the non playing/coaching hangers on to do one from close to the benches... and ask anyone in between the benches to kindly relocate;)

Doesn't work on the local park where there are no benches, and the technical areas are where ever the teams decide to dump their bags.

Doesn't work on the local park where there are no benches, and the technical areas are where ever the teams decide to dump their bags.
Ah. We usually have minimum a pair of wobbly benches at 11 a side. But then builders also leave materials un secured here. The kind of the thing that doesn’t fly (well, it would fly off in seconds) in Blighty and elsewhere;)

Back