A&H

Cautioning

jojo

Assistant World Cup Sweepstake Organiser
Level 7 Referee
Hi guys

Just wondering, how do you caution? I can't make a decision on how to do it!

Do you write on the card, write in the notebook, write in the notebook, put it away and then pull out a yellow from your pocket?

Thanks

The Referee Store
Horses for courses. I write mine in my notepad then use the yellow from my pocket. Couldn't get on with writing directly on the cards.

It's whatever works for you

For me its :
Notebook then use the card from shorts front pocket.
As Ross says whatever works for you I tried 3 or 4 different ways before i got it to how i wanted it.

I'm trying to find what I like at the minute! Cheers boys

I have a card that I put masking tape on. I write number, code & time (card is split into home & away).
However, I get full teamsheets before my games so can do that. Wouldn't recommend that at GRF

I have a card that I put masking tape on. I write number, code & time (card is split into home & away).
However, I get full teamsheets before my games so can do that. Wouldn't recommend that at GRF

Do you put that tape on every game, and make a table type thing on the tape, or just write as you go?

I know what you mean with the team sheets.

I have a YC in my notebook - top left shirt pocket, and a YC in the front Left shorts pocket.

If it's an incident where I need to slow things down and let things cool off (most of them) I call the player over, stop the watch, and take out the notebook explaining why he is being cautioned. Check his number and name, and slip the card from the notebook, hold it up, put it back and write the details in. Take a deep breath and get on with it.

If it's a quick yellow it comes from the shorts, shown and put back, quick note in book. If it's a 2nd yellow it's also from the shorts - red is in right shorts pocket so a 'quick left/right' and off he goes.

Thanks. Sounds like a good way to work it.

I just write on the cards same as dan, my handwriting is too big to fit on a match record card and this is an easier way for me.

Again, do you make a kind of table thing, or just write freely on the card?

Again, do you make a kind of table thing, or just write freely on the card?
Here's what I do - two strips if masking tape on the card, check the team sheet before the match to identify any players with the same initials on the same team, and if so I memorise that, and then if I have to book somebody I just write down their initials, and make a note if it is one of the players so I can remember who it is.

Good way to do it. Problem is, I don't get team sheets!

Thanks. One league I'm on does, the other league has there own website which doesn't have the team players listed

It's not a requirement for me to note down subs, as the league doesn't ask to know, so I allow subs to happen as I would in a normal game. I have to sign a match card at the end of a game, and that is all

Back