A&H

Changes...

The Referee Store
What a dreadful article, especially the part about goalkeeper protection

What a dreadful article, especially the part about goalkeeper protection

Scrap that. ‘Red cards ruin games’ so bring in a third card has topped it. I’ve stopped reading from that point

Scrap that. ‘Red cards ruin games’ so bring in a third card has topped it. I’ve stopped reading from that point

Exactly - it’s a toss up to determine the worst idea...orange cards or smash keeps while they are stretched out vulnerable in the air. ****s.

Exactly - it’s a toss up to determine the worst idea...orange cards or smash keeps while they are stretched out vulnerable in the air. ****s.

What about this sectio?
“When taking a goal kick, if the ball does not leave the penalty area or is touched by a player before it leaves the penalty area the kick is retaken.”
What exactly is that point of that? It makes absolutely no difference to the game – in fact you could say it actively hampers sides who want to play a short passing game.
Just allow goalkeepers to pass to their team mates inside the penalty area when restarting play and be done with this absurdly arcane law”

A total disregard to the fact opposition players could then stand inside the penalty and then hinder teams playing a short passing game even more.

I have watched a lot of games where one team is happy not to press and the other team happy to just pass the ball around between the back 4. Makes for one hell of a boring football game.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not but I think a basketball style timing for the professional games could possibly make it a lot more attractive. It would be interesting to see some trial games.

Once you have posession in your own half, you get 15 seconds (or whatever) to take the ball over the half way line. And once the ball is in your attacking half, you can't pass it back into your own half.

At the November FAP and TAP panel meetings, they considered the GK/FK leaving the PA. I would imagine that the restrictions on opponents being outside the PA would remain if adopted.

From the Agenda:

2. Laws of the Game 2019/20
a. ProposedLaw changes related to current experiments:
i. Substitute leaving the field at nearest boundary line
ii. Yellow and redcards forteam officials
iii. Goal kick and defending team free kick inside the penalty area
b. Otherproposed Law changes, incl. handball

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/779/080446_261018_TAP_FAP_agenda_Nov_2018_v1.0.pdf

FAP/TAP appear to be supporting these as changes at the March IFAB meeting

http://www.theifab.com/news/ifabs-1...-fine-tuning-laws-for-the-benefit-of-the-game

Back