A&H

Chelsea v Cardiff

jojo

Assistant World Cup Sweepstake Organiser
Level 7 Referee
Anyone see Chelsea's first goal?

Goalkeepers bounces ball on ground after collecting it, Eto sticks leg out, takes it off him, passes back to Hazard who eventually passes back to Eto, then back to Hazard who scores.

Should've been an IDFK, bit of a howler? He did turn his back though, and apparently his liner said the keeper dropped the ball...

The Referee Store
Yep thats most certainly a c*ck-up, but these things happen and it goes to show even the best referees and assistants in the country miss things.

Most surprising thing of the whole incident was Alan Shearer correctly quoting LotG

Unfortunately, Anthony Taylor and his team ballsed up. A clear & obvious mistake that shouldn't happen when Premier League/FIFA officials are involved. He will, I'm sure, have a week off this weekend!

amusingly, that was my exact order of thought; oh dear, week off for you fella, then; OMG Alan Shearer just quoted the law and correctly. Can we get him to have a word with Andy Townsend over at ITV please, or better still, just ban Andy Townsend from speaking altogether?

My favourite was Dion Dublin on MOTD2: "I know it's not the rule but as far as I'm concerned, the keeper isn't in control of it if he bounces it."
Genius

Anthony Taylor has got Villa v Everton on Saturday?!!!!:confused:

I know! Bit of a mess there, how can you be on the biggest footballing stage, make such a stupid mistake that has to be blamed on him, and he gets a game the next week! I think it will be for his confidence, and so that he doesn't have to have a 2 week break and then come back in. Probably the best thing for him, but this now has to be the same for all officials who make mistakes? Consistency has to be on the field and off the field.

Unfortunately, Anthony Taylor and his team ballsed up. A clear & obvious mistake that shouldn't happen when Premier League/FIFA officials are involved. He will, I'm sure, have a week off this weekend!
Has the AR that was involved got a game?

There are also a lot of 4th officials who I haven't seen listed before, so may be they are a little thin on the ground this week for officials.

Ooh! One of us. One of us.
Haha! You IOW Grayson?

James is from IOW. He's a National Group (Football League) referee and has been for a number of years.
He actually refereed Watford last week!

Graham Scott is also FL middle, very experienced ref too.

Back