A&H

Chelsea v Palace

Alex_the_ref

Anyone see this?

Morata and Tomkins both cautioned for some pushing and shoving by Taylor. Morata then sarcastically applauds the decision. About 10 minutes later Morata knocks the flag out of the assistants hand because he didn't get the decision.

No wonder I had so much dissent in my match this afternoon to deal with. I mean the classic was when I happened to give someone a second yellow for dissent all I got was blame for spoiling the game! When no action is taken at the top it just sets a bad example and everyone thinks it is acceptable and then it is left for us at the grassroots to deal with.

Oh and anyone got any idea why Palace's first goal was disallowed?

The Referee Store
Watched the game on my phone with the BT app.

Morata doesn't seem to have learned anything from his red card earlier this season, very luck not to see red and would have had only himself to blame if he had, hadn't been on the pitch long either. Tomkins was also lucky not to be carded shortly before his handbags with Morata.

I posted on here earlier this season regarding my delight at witnessing a fellow grassroots ref red card an u15s player in the last minute for sarcastically applauding being shown a yellow card for dissent, but as we all know there are many occasions that the Premier League select group referee to their own set of laws regarding certain transgretions.

As for Palace's disallowed goal, can only presume it was for a push by Tomkins in the back of a Chelsea defender or a high boot in the follow up. Whistle went long before the ball hit the net.

I don't think he intentionally batted the assistants flag away, he was having a strop and his wailing arms hit it accidentally

If only the AR had cards though..

Back