A&H

Chester V Wrexham

So Chester V Wrexham took place on Saturday.. Heres 2 major incidents.
2:30 Chester pen. Soft, but in my eyes it's a penalty, a few have agreed with me, a few havent.

And finally 4:30 into this, bit of a scuffle and can just about see a clear punch on Chester 15.

1. Penalty or no penalty?
2. How's everyone dealing with the reactions? Bare in mind, at half-time there was a Chester player spat at, and the Chester goalkeeper received a punch off the Wrexham coach too. Any cards shown?

Footage of the confrontation has been sent to the FA, so I would expect a ban to be handed to Wrexham Player Jennings for Violent Conduct.

The Referee Store
Leaning toward no penalty, not certain I can see an offence........
And as for the punch, difficult to see it and the camera work is lousy, but I sure there's the potential for a least a few yellows and of course the 'punch' if that's indeed what it is.

Penalty looked very soft indeed ... BUT, ref was superbly positioned so I'm backing the man with the best view in the house!

Handbags ... only observation is that if the game had already been feisty, they could have been a little more alert to the possibility of afters .. though, looking at the weather, they were probably just dreaming of a hot shower!

First glance no penalty.

As for the mass confrontation, think the officials could take up better positions when it's going on. They all seem to be in a line. Didn't see a punch but some definite yellows in there.

at first glance no penalty but on further viewing i think red 16 was trying to be clever. he checked his run but deliberately checked it too late. plus ref was a lot closer so i willgo with him

No penalty for me, the attacker plays the ball through the legs of the defender who can't just disappear. I couldn't see that the defender made any move to block the run so nothing for me- play on.

I am guessing there are better videos of the mass con, otherwise the only charge I can see is failing to control.

Back