A&H

Claudio Ranieri

WalterPinkman

Thoughts on this topic?

Personally, I don't agree with this decision based on everything he has done for the club. Yesterday was a very sad day for football IMO. Where has the loyalty gone?

The Referee Store
With my businessman head on its a very good decision...... PPP means only one thing regardless of past glories!!!

With my lover of football head on its mental!!!

Not sure why people are genuinely surprised. 1 point above relgation. Poor form pretty much all season. The dreaded vote of confidence in the last week or so. It all spelt the end for the tinkerman.

Thats not to say I agree. I am just not surprised.

I'm surprised due to the fact two seasons ago, the position they are in now would have been acceptable. I understand the poor form but nobody ever expected them to repeat what they did last season-of course nobody expected them to really be as low as they are right now either. Ranieri should have been able to go down or stay up with the club and left when he wanted. He conducted the biggest shock in football history and Leicester's board/owners/etc. have let themselves down massively and put a very very sour end to that fairytale.

Any other club

Any other manager

With their league position, with their form...

Would have every fan and critic calling for their head

Any other club

Any other manager

With their league position, with their form...

Would have every fan and critic calling for their head
The situation is different. They won the title and obviously qualified for the Champions League at odds of 5000-1, they should have been mid-table if not scrapping to stay up

Had a similar discussion with a guy at work earlier....

Ranieri was an unpopular appointment originally, with many people in and around the game questioning Leicester's decision. What happen last season was simply incredible. The collective sum became greater than the individual parts added together. Their rise from relegation favourites to Premier League champions was Roy of the Rovers stuff and they deservedly won the title, with at times some outstanding football, albeit in a season where the usual expected contenders helped Leicester's cause by shooting themselves in the foot along the way.

This season, Leicester have been mostly terrible. The consistency, quality and team spirit has gone straight out the window. Their debut in the Champions League has been at times impressive, but in the Premier League they look a pale shadow of last season's side. No doubt the sale of a player of Kante's quality would hurt any club, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. This season Ranieri has reminded me of his final season at Chelsea. His thinking appeared scrambled and not helped by a loss of form by most of the first team squad appeared clueless as to what his best team was.

From a business perspective, relegation would be an absolute disaster and clearly the club's owners have decided to act before it's too late. Guess time will tell if whoever they bring in can reinvigorate the squad to turn their fortunes around, but at the moment it's hard to imagine where the next win is coming from.

As a Chelsea and general footy fan, feel for the guy, one of the games great characters. Clearly (like Jose and many other managers before him) let down massively by his players, but in the world of modern mega money football sentiment will always come distant 2nd to protecting finances!

Last edited:
The situation is different. They won the title and obviously qualified for the Champions League at odds of 5000-1, they should have been mid-table if not scrapping to stay up

I really don't see how it's different

That's all in the past and you can't live on past glories or achievements

If they don't do something now then the way they're going they'll be relegated

would it have been worth giving ranieri the chance to keep them up then?

Whilst I think it's harsh, and don't agree with the decision football clubs are businesses.

Businesses exist for one reason, to make money for their shareholders/directors. Relegation will lose a club money. Not just from TV deals etc, but also through loss of advertising etc.

If the manager doesn't look like he can save the club from relegation then the board has a duty to bring someone in who can.

Sack the players who aren't playing well....sack the boardroom for not supporting the manager and giving him the funding to bring in better players....sacking Ranieri was pathetic Leicester board should hang their heads!

Back