A&H

Colombia - Japan

all I ask is you keep a close eye on the next game with a red card.

The Referee Store
all I ask is you keep a close eye on the next game with a red card.
With a few assessors on here, myself included, plenty of us have kept VERY close eyes on games after red cards!

As for yourself - learning how to get out of your own head in a game and stop dwelling on mistakes, dissent etc is a challenge we all have. And we don't always succeed. But if you don't learn, games snowball.

One simple tip is each time you find yourself starting to think about that think that happened earlier, make a conscious effort to say 'no' and bring your mind back to what's directly in front of you.

And remember that dissent isn't really a reflection on your performance :) Monitor it, know when somebody has crossed the line but you're just an independent observer to the dissent.

Its a common notion that refs will even things out. But no, esp the higher you progress, its simply not a consideration

If I get a shout these days of say. "Whats the difference there ref", I know I like to keep the peace by answering. "Ones in this box, the other was in that box"...

Disclaimer, its not guaranteed to work every time!

every now and again, in games with 10 men in the top flight on the the telly, there are a few soft decisions e.g. no second red for the 10, a soft red for the 11, a few soft DFKs for the 10...
You know what, that is completely fine. It's part of the concept of randomness. Similarly every now and then a few soft decisions go against the team with 10 men. But the concept of confirmation bias (as you mentioned) dictates that you would only notice the former.

Back