A&H

comical club mark - 5/100

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
I found out in one game i reffed this season one team scored me 5 and the other team scored me 95.

The team that scored me 5 had the manager's son sent off (VC), i reported a player who refused to give his name for offinabus after the final whistle and i did a sin-bin in the second half for that team.

I also awarded a penalty at 3-0 and they lost 6-0.

Talk about being marked unfairly.

The Referee Store
We don't get our club marks at my level. I'm super interested as well. Seems difficult for terms of improvement. But probably eliminates tit for tat and all that.

Also a 5/100. They need to justify that in writing. It would be difficult for them to give a score that low, without you having failed in every area. Including pre-match admin, etc. I would be touching bases with the sec to see how on earth they justified it.

Last edited:
Reactions: es1
How did you find out, as leagues should not be telling you individual marks, just you average at the end of the season? If the league have told you they should also give you the written report, which is mandatory for anything under 61, so you know what their complaint is.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I got zero from both clubs in one game, and they both took glee at the end of the game telling me that would be the mark. Don't think me laughing at them and walking off helped get it any higher 😂

How did you find out, as leagues should not be telling you individual marks, just you average at the end of the season? If the league have told you they should also give you the written report, which is mandatory for anything under 61, so you know what their complaint is.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I got zero from both clubs in one game, and they both took glee at the end of the game telling me that would be the mark. Don't think me laughing at them and walking off helped get it any higher 😂
Always good to lower the average for everyone else 🤣

EDIT: Also what on earth happened in that game??

I found out from the winning manager - he showed me the report (the 95 manager). He just laughed and called it "childish".

I found out from the winning manager - he showed me the report (the 95 manager). He just laughed and called it "childish".
Why would one manager see what the other one has marked? Surely it isn't one of those antiquated systems where the marks are written on the team sheets and then posted after the game?

Always good to lower the average for everyone else 🤣

EDIT: Also what on earth happened in that game??
Local derby where both teams hated each other, lots of cards, disallowed goals, plenty going on. Got 71 from the assessor though so I would have hoped the FA had done something about it. Dropped hundreds of places in the club marks table though, but that was back when we only got them every 3 months so couldn't be 100% sure they had carried their threat out.

Local derby where both teams hated each other, lots of cards, disallowed goals, plenty going on. Got 71 from the assessor though so I would have hoped the FA had done something about it. Dropped hundreds of places in the club marks table though, but that was back when we only got them every 3 months so couldn't be 100% sure they had carried their threat out.
Yes, they still use paper (in triplicate).

Yes, they still use paper (in triplicate).
Haha, you might want to tell them the 1980s have called and would like their processes back 😂

I get still using paper team sheets, even though many leagues have now moved to online ones, but the process of submitting club marks on them is so antiquated it is unreal. It takes 10 seconds to enter the club marks on Full Time.

Haha, you might want to tell them the 1980s have called and would like their processes back 😂

I get still using paper team sheets, even though many leagues have now moved to online ones, but the process of submitting club marks on them is so antiquated it is unreal. It takes 10 seconds to enter the club marks on Full Time.
Paper team sheets are of immense use in my opinion. Online ones tend to just be their team on the full time system, rather than the players who are actually playing and their numbers. For me, online just isn't useful and allows teams to bypass very basic things like numbering etc. And I like to keep team sheets as a bit of memorabilia as the seasons go on.

Paper team sheets are of immense use in my opinion. Online ones tend to just be their team on the full time system, rather than the players who are actually playing and their numbers. For me, online just isn't useful and allows teams to bypass very basic things like numbering etc. And I like to keep team sheets as a bit of memorabilia as the seasons go on.
I'm not talking about paper team sheets per se as I know a lot of leagues still use them. Rather the process of both managers entering the referee mark, and presumably the score, cautions, etc, on the team sheets after the game and them then being posted to a league official. That's just bad from all kinds of aspects, cost, time, environmental, etc.

When I took over as RefsSec the first thing I did was stop teams having to do this and instead they submitted the referee marks and game details on a spreadsheet. I had zero interest in receiving 80 team sheets a week in the post, chasing ones that either weren't sent or got lost in the post, and generally wasting time that I didn't really have. This pre-dated Full Time, but as soon as it became available I switched us to that and clubs can now do all pre-match administration from their phone before they've even left the ground. It helps us massively as a league as we now have all of the required information much faster, previously clubs were fined if they hadn't submitted by 5pm on Friday after the (Sunday) games, now that is 5pm on Tuesday. The clubs love it as it is much faster and easier for them, there are no losers (expect perhaps Royal Mail 😂)

Little tip if you keep the teamsheets.....

Make notes on the sheet about the players, this will help you should you referee them again. So you may put a note of whether the captain was of any use etc

Back