A&H

Comms Kits

If any of them 'Only can be used above National League levels' come along, I won't be happy:D

Just an idea about comms kits, I do charity matches and friendlies regularly, I have the same team each game and we were speaking about having comms kits.

None of them knew the price of the ones made especially for refereeing.

Anyway, I have been bored over the last couple of days when I have not been busy, and did a bit of research. You can actually get Radios that have a function called VOX. This makes the radio hands-free, so you don't have to press the button every time you want to speak to your officials. If you were to connect a Boom Mic Earpiece to the Radio, surely that's just the same as these top of the range comms kits?

The Referee Store
Why???????????

These kits are used to ensure the correct decision is reached through communication between the officials. For the games you're talking about, is there ever going to be a situation where they will add any value? Other than to make you look like "all the gear and no idea" in front of your mates/organisers.

If VOX was any good, a lot more people would use it. They don't and there's a good reason for that and it's nothing to do with National leagues etc.

From what I understand, the top level kits are very clever at filtering out background noise and only transmitting the referees voices. Essentially as you get cheaper and cheaper, you get more and more background - which means voices become harder to distinguish. I presume that your VOX kits would pick up every shout from the crowd, every footstep, all your heavy breathing and every shirt rustle as well.

From what I understand, the top level kits are very clever at filtering out background noise and only transmitting the referees voices. Essentially as you get cheaper and cheaper, you get more and more background - which means voices become harder to distinguish. I presume that your VOX kits would pick up every shout from the crowd, every footstep, all your heavy breathing and every shirt rustle as well.

And more importantly you'll deafen your assistants every time you blow the whistle hard ..!

I do speak with experience, I've used the professional system and I've used the cheapo ones, and they are absolutely poles apart. With the latter I ended up taking the earpiece out as the constant background noise and the referee's whistle was in danger of driving me insane. Whereas with the former you don't hear anything other than the other officials' voices. But that is why one set costs several thousand pounds and the other a pittance in comparison - you really do get what you pay for.

I assume the proffessional comms kits are fitted with the best noise interference tech. Something a cheap kit wouldnt have and I guess it's what you are paying for.

I dont get the fascination with comms outside proffessional game. Cant see how its needed. Im not even convinced buzzers are needed. Yes it makes the referees game a little easier but the way we normally do it is tried and tested and works fine imo.

I assume the proffessional comms kits are fitted with the best noise interference tech. Something a cheap kit wouldnt have and I guess it's what you are paying for.

I dont get the fascination with comms outside proffessional game. Cant see how its needed. Im not even convinced buzzers are needed. Yes it makes the referees game a little easier but the way we normally do it is tried and tested and works fine imo.

i do agree, although a buzzer is nice and useful when the referee isn't looking over to you for an offside/sub/free kick - anything - tap of the buzzer and he then sees you!

i do agree, although a buzzer is nice and useful when the referee isn't looking over to you for an offside/sub/free kick - anything - tap of the buzzer and he then sees you!

Yeh I suppose but at any level lower than supply league you're lucky if they ask u anyway... they just start shouting at the ref cz thats what they are used too on a sunday morning lol

Back