A&H

Crystal Palace v Liverpool

The Referee Store
Yup, genuinely surprised how controversial it seems to appear to the commentators and those texting into the BBC. Looked so clear to me, Sakho doesn't get the ball once and is all over Salah's ankles.

The interesting one for me was the YC that the AR gave. It wasn't late, Oliver had a clear view, surprised he didn't give something, at least the foul. It was an awkward one.

I love MO... but... I wish he would hold his arm straighter to signal...
...and there it is... MO perfectly placed to SPA TAA! No more WC refereeing! yay!

Oh AR2 again with a big call... gets the line of sight PIOP immediately and flags it seems with no comms!

He's on fire!

The interesting one for me was the YC that the AR gave. It wasn't late, Oliver had a clear view, surprised he didn't give something, at least the foul. It was an awkward one.

I love MO... but... I wish he would hold his arm straighter to signal...
...and there it is... MO perfectly placed to SPA TAA! No more WC refereeing! yay!
Geez, I need a degree to read that Santa :p Mr Acronym :smoke:

Cherry!
Feel for him, he'd played great at times.
Salah certainly made sure the world saw that slight contact!

Also I note that Salah lost the ball in the box about 10 mins ago and chased back 40 yards to win it back. respect.

Oliver's positioning was first class tonight, including for both the penalty and red card.

Not a criticism, but I think the red card might get appealed. Reason I say that is that Salah's last touch before he was fouled took the ball miles away from him and there was no way he was getting it. It took me several replays to get that though, and it would be nigh on impossible to see real time.

Was the player cautioned for foul on Mane at the end? Definitely DOGSO if play was stopped for the foul.

If he'd not done the showboat signal he could have got away without one.

It wasn't a foul on Mane. Mane initiated contact and there was no fouls either way. The advantage signal was just to make himself look good and I doubt he would have given a FK/Pen if Mane didn't score. The Front angle is the best angle to see this. The behind angle where MO was also very good. Side angle didn't show who initiated contact.

Last edited:
So, so impressed with Mo. He's way and above any decent ref, incredibly fit and he almost always gets his decisions spot on. If I had to take one ref in England, it would have to be Oliver

So, so impressed with Mo. He's way and above any decent ref, incredibly fit and he almost always gets his decisions spot on. If I had to take one ref in England, it would have to be Oliver
He doesn't rely on presence or image, he just has a very high accurate decision rate. The other PGMOL officials are a distant second

It wasn't a foul on Mane. Mane initiated contact and there was no fouls either way. The advantage signal was just to make himself look good and I doubt he would have given a FK/Pen if Mane didn't score. The Front angle is the best angle to see this. The behind angle where MO was also very good. Side angle didn't show who initiated contact.

Irrelevant whether it's a foul or not once he's signaled. He's played advantage on a DOGSO leading to a goal and not cautioned the player.

Might get away with showboating in the EPL but making errors in law to look good will hold him back on the international stage.

Doubt it. There's nobody on the international stage as good as him. Not based on what i've seen in CL and WC

Doubt it. There's nobody on the international stage as good as him. Not based on what i've seen in CL and WC

Kupiers and Brych are ahead of him in my opinion (owing to experience more than anything). Few more seasons like this and he'll be up there though.

Back