A&H

Cup Final Treats

Alex71

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I've had a few cup final appointments over the last few seasons - as well as the honour and privilege of doing them - and being fed & watered - have also received a few nice treats (instead of payment)
  • new (full) kit
  • kit bag
  • League embroidered leisurewear
  • (also had match fee sometimes)
Any one else had anything else / better ..?

The Referee Store
WHAT?!?!?

Locally it is for the honour of doing the game. No treats outside of a little shield.

:hmmm:

oh yeah ... always a shield medal too ... forgot other goodies I got last time ...
  • framed photo of the refs and captains - printed and presented at full time
  • bag of ref accessories (watch, pad, card wallet, pens, drinks bottle, towel)

London get full kit from Mr pettit (hey if you take take something FROM A&H well, rude not to) in addition to your match fee. Alongside the obligatory medallion

Yep, I'm moving to Essex! We just about manage to get a Kit-Kat in Herts...

Cup Final yesterday - a 9 pack of mars bars to share between the 3 of us - one of the Assistants went out for the 2nd half with 2 in his pocket :)

Cup Final yesterday - a 9 pack of mars bars to share between the 3 of us - one of the Assistants went out for the 2nd half with 2 in his pocket :)

I was just glad I brought Jaffa Cakes as is my routine...

Reactions: SM
Yep, I'm moving to Essex! We just about manage to get a Kit-Kat in Herts...

What? Ive done three finals this month and not a KitKat in sight!

Although the post match cider waiting in the dressing room each week went down a treat!

Wish I got medals for cup finals :(

Everyone I have done so far I have just been given payment

Essex is the place to be. Four cup finals over the weekend. Big bottle of lucozade awaiting each ref and assistant upon arrive. Half time tea, biscuits and small energy waiting. Full time tea, biscuits, burgers and energy drink waiting. Massive trophy each and 90% of match fee as expenses.

County cup got training jacket with county badge, county badge for kit, county tie. On the day drinks pre match. Full time sausage and chips along with as many free drink tokens as we wanted to use at the bar.

Reactions: SM
We get match fees down here for our finals, and a medal/trophy.
Was 4th official last week, and got paid the same as the 2 AR's (£20) result!! They werent to impressed though.

We have a big county cup finals meeting tomorrow night when we get told what county finals we have, they've asked for clothes sizes, so i'm guessing we'll get a warm up T-shirt or something.
But the lower district games we get match fee and trophy

Done 3 cup finals in my 1st full of season and I've only received a medal!

No match fee/mileage or any food after the game!

Have had three finals in last couple of days

Sunday - Final - Plaque
Sunday - Final 2- Respect Tote bag with water bottle, hat and a couple of other little bits
no fee but food, teas and coffees al laid on.

Last night
Presentation Medal ( very nice ) , Lucozades, water. food and drink and Match Fee.....

County cup final got a medal. Had to apply for travel. Didn't apply for it last year (as no one had told me) so I only got a medal. The ref and other lino left straight after so i didn't even get a drink and certainly no food was laid on. League cup charity game in the middle saw all officials paid £20 and a medal. As the man in the middle I got the drinks in so I ended up with a medal and ten quid. Definitely in the wrong county.

Received £15 and a plaque for last nights final and somehow when I got home I had less money than when I had left.......

£20 chucked out of the window by Treating myself, both assistants and the fourth official to a large McDonalds meal each!

Back