A&H

Darkness

Isaac

Isaac
Level 7 Referee
Reffing a game that kicks off at 2.15. I can't see light letting us play the full 90 seeing as there are no floodlights. What should I do. Just call time when I believe it's too dark?

The Referee Store
You will get the full 90. Get there an hour before KO. Ask both clubs if they fancy kicking off a bit early, get them to decide time.

No stoppage, turn em round after 5 mins at half time. Even if you KO at 2:15 you will get it in.

I kicked off at 2.30 last week and it was fine

Always worth knowing both the weather forecast and the sunset time so that you can gauge how long you'll be able to play. If you have serious concerns about finishing a full match then agree with both teams a reduced time length in advance. The two halves must still be an equal length and you need to be clear what's allowed in the competition rules.

If you think it will be an issue you coul instgate 40 E/W with consent o both teams (or start you watch 5 mins early?), being proactive sometimes they ask how long left cos they're nackered, which can be your cue - everyone is happy and you get it in before it's dark.

The game was called off but seeing as future games will be the same ko time cheers for the advice

Back