A&H

Diving

The Referee Store
He also threw himself to the ground behind the wall at an attacking free kick in the BHA box. Lacazette also threw himself to the floor to try and get a pen in the corner of the box... and irony oh luxury of ironies... the equalizer that put the Arse out of the ECL (unless they win the Sepp Vase trophy)... was from a wonderfully soft pen!

(At least Xhaka brushed the shoulder, then tickled March's ankle, before March tripped himself, possibly accidentally, but it was oooh could easily have been one of those marvellously creative dives! Ha!)

(At least Xhaka brushed the shoulder, then tickled March's ankle, before March tripped himself, possibly accidentally, but it was oooh could easily have been one of those marvellously creative dives! Ha!)
Do you really think Xhaka would have walked away without arguing if he thought it was soft? He clearly knew that he'd clipped March's heels and caused him to fall. Reaction told me it was a correct pen.

This is the only time I can remember seeing a dive punished that wasn't in the opposition penalty area. Usually referees just wave off dives if they aren't looking for a penalty, for some strange reason. Well done Anthony Taylor. https://streamja.com/1XKe
Jon Moss (correctly) cautioned Mustafi for a dive in the Arsenal half against Palace a couple of weeks ago.

As that is the second Arsenal player cautioned for simulation outside the area, I wonder if managers are thinking it's only for those trying to con a penalty and "instruct" them to win a dangerous free kick instead, and if they don't get a free kick no loss. By cautioning him, he is now on egg shells for the remainder of the game.

Back