A&H

Junior/Youth Double Dissent

I had previously warned the player about dissent hence the first caution was more than justified IMO. So when the player made the second comment, I felt that was also a separate event and he knew exactly what he was doing, hence the second act of dissent.

Many thanks for all the help!

Fair enough George you were there. However, especially in this case when it sounds like there is some distance between you and the player, do consider a little cooling off period for them, thinking time for you. As you call the player to a neutral area and you get within earshot, just say calmly, "You've been warned once, this time its a caution/sin bin, but another word/anymore and its a 2nd caution". Now while this is going on there will very likely be some sort of further 'dissent' - he's not suddenly going to go silent, but as long as its not abusive, loud, persistent and just a bit more chirping I would stick to the yellow/sin bin. Obviously another word out of place after the yellow/sin bin and then you go for the 2nd sanction (as promised!)

The Referee Store
Ultimatums are there to be broken (and will be)
I prefer something along the lines of, 'just tell me when you've finished'. Saying nothing at all is an option. Saying as little as possible, is the best
Let the lull and a card do the the talking. It sounds easy!

Last edited:
Ultimatums are there to be broken (and will be)
I prefer something along the lines of, 'just tell me when you've finished'. Saying nothing at all is an option. Saying as little as possible, is the best
Let the lull and a card do the the talking. It sounds easy!

Can't argue with that. Difficult to follow a 'script' otherwise it just sounds forced. Its all about personality of player/ref/temperature of the match/body language of player/ref - as you say easy to type out a response, not so easy in the heat of battle!

Saying nothing at all is an option. Saying as little as possible, is the best
Let the lull and a card do the the talking.

Nah.

Saying nothing means they'll continue to chops right the way through the process. (If you're happy with that then fine ;)) They'll still be chopsing as you show the card and continue to chops as they're walking to the bin. If I'm carding for dissent, I don't want to be hearing more of it. Horses for courses I suppose .... ;)

Nah.

Saying nothing means they'll continue to chops right the way through the process. (If you're happy with that then fine ;)) They'll still be chopsing as you show the card and continue to chops as they're walking to the bin. If I'm carding for dissent, I don't want to be hearing more of it. Horses for courses I suppose .... ;)
Not if I give them the Paddington Bear Hard Stare

Reactions: Kes
People on here calling this harsh?
No wonder we're a laughing stock.
Getting told to shut up is a caution. There is literally no situation it isn't.
The player doesn't get a pass because he commited dissent 20 seconds earlier.
Well done to the OP and a few of you need to stop being so weak.
Totally agree.

Back