A&H

Encroachment!

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
There is always a bit of encroachment but the Accrington player is level with the Lincoln striker! WTF... (it did go in)

The Referee Store
Par for the course in the Australian A-league.
This weekend there was one - ref took his sport almost level with the penalty kicker, maybe a yard or two upfield.

I kid you not - another striker was legitimately in front of the ref by the time the kicker hit the ball. I mean, the ref's view of the ball would have been blocked!!!

Do you think there was a retake?

Nope. Apparently there's been a universal declaration in the A-league that encroachment isn't punishable. Seen quite a few where a player was almost level with the kicker by the time it was kicked, with no consequence.

If I were keeper and saved this only to have a retake, I'd be soooo pissed at my defender.

I messed up in law many many years ago in this, with mine it was an attacker in the box and he saved it!!! I incorrectly ordered a retake!! Compounded my rick as they scored the retake and I was called a Cheating pr*ck as we went to restart in the centre!!! I walked him but both him or I wern't sure till we checked that evening!!! OOPS!!!!

Last edited:
Back