A&H

Encroachment?

The Referee Store
Offside??
Given that the encroaching defender in the first one wasn't involved in the miss, I might have let it go. But that's why players encroach I guess because they're not hauled up for it.
Second one definitely yes.

I'm with Black Dog, the first one I'd be playing on as the encroachment wasn't that blatant (IMO) and didn't impact the outcome. Second one is far more blatant and has an obvious impact on the outcome. So you have to disallow the goal and I think you're right @one, should have been a retake as there were multiple players from both sides clearly in the area

First one was never a penalty anyway. Lol and I would say retake. The defender is running alongside the taker. Being involved in play is irrelevant. That is not subtle, clear retake.

The second one is a complete mess. Retake as well.

Good vid finds @one

Reactions: one
The second one, I commented a few times. It's amazing how many people either don't know the LOTG (including referees), or didn't see the defenders encroach. Decision was completely incorrect, should have been a retake. A lot of referees seem to have this idea that it goes off who encroached first, no idea where this came about. Unless they have it confused with who committed the first foul in general play.

Anyway, somebody (who I just argued with) said that the FIFA referee's page has this clip and is supporting the referees decision!! :alien::alien:Is anybody able to locate this??

First one, the foul was outside the PA anyway.

But the defender was almost level with the kicker!!! If that's not blatant, what is?Retake.

Last edited:
Good vid finds @one
I can take the credit for finding the vids but i picked up the incidents from another forum.

@CapnBloodbeard these happened just a few days ago (last round of Serie A). They can't be on the FIFA referee web page. These games were not FIFA games anyway.

Back