A&H

Entering the field of play by celebrating?

SionTHFC

Hey,
Just watching the highlights from the Eredivisie last weekend and one of the teams scored late on, cue the subs warming up on the sideline running on the field of play to celebrate, technically would this be a booking for entering the field of play without permission?

The Referee Store
I've cautioned for this once in a heated match where the sub ran 20 yards onto pitch to celebrate.
I'd be more forgiving if the celebrtion was one yard on the pitch.

I think that sums it up. It seems to be expected to be a little lax on this with sideline celebrations, but if he's run any distance onto the pitch, it's a booking. I've done so and seen others do so.

Mmh, not sure you can caution a substitute for "entering the FOP without permission"

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/foo...7_06_2014_new--lawsofthegameweben_neutral.pdf
p38/39

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
• unsporting behaviour
• dissent by word or action
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
• delaying the restart of play
• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner
kick, free kick or throw-in
• entering or re-entering the fi eld of play without the referee’s permission
• deliberately leaving the fi eld of play without the referee’s permission

A substitute or substituted player is cautioned if he commits any of the
following three offences:
• unsporting behaviour
• dissent by word or action
• delaying the restart of play

If the law says that a substitute is cautioned for the three offences above, it's pretty clear to me that he can't be for the other four

Depend on what happens, could be dissent in action, the action being to enter the FOP

In the case of goal celebration, USB for "excessive celebration" or delaying the restart of play both could be correct

Alex F is absolutely correct. The law is as follows:

If a substitute or substituted player enters the field of play without the referee’s permission:
• the referee cautions him for unsporting behaviour and orders him to leave the field of play
• the referee stops play (although not immediately if the substitute or substituted player does not interfere with play)

Why you have to caution for USB rather than Entering the FOP is anyone's guess...maybe so that it fits in with Yacinho's quote.

Reactions: SM
Bear in mind that the game is stopped at this point. goal scored, games stops an is restarted by a kick from the centre mark.

So two views, - yes entered the FOP without permission, but also it is during an inactive period.

Would LOVE to see World Cup / Champ L ref give that when the winner is scored with 30 seconds still on the clock. Bet a couple would be second yellows too......

Match control.

Back