A&H

Eric Dier

afronaut81

Level 7 Referee
Climbs into the crowd to confront a fan. Alleged racist abuse / insults towards his brother.

I can't tell but presumably it was after the game and penalty kicks (and certainly not a goal celebration) so is there any punishment under LotG?

Is it left to the Club/League to deal with.

Really strange incident and he ends up quite far up in the crowd.

The Referee Store
Hope hes banned for their game at Bramall Lane soon.... Thats hopefully 4 best players missing!! ;)

Climbs into the crowd to confront a fan. Alleged racist abuse / insults towards his brother.

I can't tell but presumably it was after the game and penalty kicks (and certainly not a goal celebration) so is there any punishment under LotG?

Is it left to the Club/League to deal with.

Really strange incident and he ends up quite far up in the crowd.
You have to question the security/stewards. Even when he gets to the fan there’s only 2 stewards in shot and they are taking an age to get to them. I know they don’t expect this to happen but it’s ridiculous .

it’s a lose lose for Dier mind. See’s his brother allegedly getting abuse and he if goes into the crowd to help, or ignores it and goes for his showe.

You have to question the security/stewards. Even when he gets to the fan there’s only 2 stewards in shot and they are taking an age to get to them. I know they don’t expect this to happen but it’s ridiculous .

it’s a lose lose for Dier mind. See’s his brother allegedly getting abuse and he if goes into the crowd to help, or ignores it and goes for his showe.
I've been told by a former steward they're told to observe and report. Not stop.

I've been told by a former steward they're told to observe and report. Not stop.
Indeed, stewards are not police officers; they are ordinary civilians who have no special legal powers to use force. The job of a steward is mainly to be highly visible to deter unruly behaviour.

It was after the game so not one for the officials, but I would be very surprised if he isn't charged by the FA.

Cantona was far worse but it did set a precedent for things like this! He.will get 2-3 games is my guess! They won’t like this at the PL regardless of the situation!

There has been some talk of punches being thrown but in the three video clips I've seen, there's no clear evidence of that. All I can see is some fairly close and 'in your face' posturing but no actual fisticuffs. Still likely to face an FA charge though, I imagine.

As Jose said: Dier behaved in a way that professionals cannot behave; but everyone would have done the same thing. I expect him to get a slap on the wrist from the FA and I do not expect the club to take any action against Dier.

As Jose said: Dier behaved in a way that professionals cannot behave; but everyone would have done the same thing. I expect him to get a slap on the wrist from the FA and I do not expect the club to take any action against Dier.

Professional sports can't have players going into the stands after fans, regardless of the provocation. I would be stunned if he does not receive a multi-game ban.

How on earth was Dier aware of this alleged 'insult', propagated from 30 rows back in a stand full of hundreds of fans? More like, he was pee'd off with the result and should be charged with Improper Conduct for having an unnecessary pop

Back