A&H

FA Competition Notification date?

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Any body know when the notifications are sent out that your CFA have nominated you for FA competitions for the new season?

The Referee Store
i overheard a conversation at a tournament on sunday between 2 level 5's about it, one said he has recieved his already (he tends to BS alot) and the other was saying he thought it was early July.
Hope that helps.

@Tealeaf , County nominations had to be in by today. So the referees who have been nominated will probably find out in the next week or two. The FA will generally want to know of the availability, which will be the only notification (as I understand).

I shouldn't get my hopes up - nominated last year and got nothing at all. I mean, how is that any way to treat the Fourth Official of the Fourth Qualifying Round Tie between Luton Town and St Albans City on 23 October 2010? :eek: (Ok so it was only the second half but still!) *ahem* Memorable day that! :D

Vase, Trophy and Cup. Your parent county has to nominate you to the FA for inclusion on the list. The FA appoints, with guidance I believe. Your county appoints to any replays as they tend to be at short notice. I've been nominated for each of the last 4 years and not had an initial appointment yet. Picked up 2 cup replays and a replacement referee on the FA youth cup last year.

What's are these nominations for?

All of the following:

- FA Cup
- FA Vase
- FA Trophy
- FA Youth Cup
- FA Women's Cup
- FA National League System Cup
- FA Inter-county Youth Cup

Won't get a Trophy appointment as these tend to be Southern, Isthmian and Northern Premier division and up to Conference National sides. Usually Level 4s and upwards for those.

Hoping to get at least one of the others though. The Women's Cup is the only one so far I've refereed in (12-0? 13-0? more? I lost count but it was double figures!) . Lined (and Fourth Official'ed :D) in the FA Cup, Vase, Youth Cup and Women's Cup.

Had Sunday carlesberg cup rd 3 and youth cup both as a level 5 promoted this year to 4 so hopefully something better :p

All of the following:

- FA Cup
- FA Vase
- FA Trophy
- FA Youth Cup
- FA Women's Cup
- FA National League System Cup
- FA Inter-county Youth Cup

Won't get a Trophy appointment as these tend to be Southern, Isthmian and Northern Premier division and up to Conference National sides. Usually Level 4s and upwards for those.

Hoping to get at least one of the others though. The Women's Cup is the only one so far I've refereed in (12-0? 13-0? more? I lost count but it was double figures!) . Lined (and Fourth Official'ed :D) in the FA Cup, Vase, Youth Cup and Women's Cup.
I had a Trophy appointment in 2009-10 (Level 5) but had to give it back through injury

Think all were sent out by MOAS / NB yesterday.

Guessing if you've got a set of Comp Rules, you're in.

Back