A&H

False name

Chrisp72

Always smiling
Hi guys after a little bit of help .

Match today u16 , after using the stepped approach to warn a coach regards him being to vocal I go to take his name he tells me “ James Bond , I don’t know him so could well have been but had my doubts , showed him a yellow caution , as I went to walk away he said “ ref I can see your in no mood for jokes and then gave me his real name . I jot that down in my book and walk away . Should I have shown a second yellow ? Can I still report this I did feel a bit of a fool as he was smiling when he said it .
Appreciate the feed back

The Referee Store

Match today u16 , after using the stepped approach to warn a coach regards him being to vocal I go to take his name he tells me “ James Bond , I don’t know him so could well have been but had my doubts , showed him a yellow caution , as I went to walk away he said “ ref I can see your in no mood for jokes and then gave me his real name . I jot that down in my book and walk away . Should I have shown a second yellow ? Can I still report this I did feel a bit of a fool as he was smiling when he said it .
Appreciate the feed back
I'd let that go. If we trouble ourselves will all the nonsense that goes on, we'd end up very troubled referees

Appreciate the feed back
I'd let it ride, maybe make it for your eyes only! The world is not enough if you reported anything and everything! ;)

Yeah let it go.

If a player gives you a dodgy name in future just ask them something like "is that how it is on the team sheet as your club will get in trouble if you're not being straight with me"

If they continue with a lie and you end up with a duff name then that needs reporting to County FA

Back