A&H

Famous Last Words.....

The Referee Store

Thursday December 3, 2015
Parks are OFF again this Weekend

With the recent bad weather and with rain forecast for the next few days it has come as no surprise that both Preston City Council and South Ribble Borough Council have declared their pitches unfit for play this weekend, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December 2015. This means that no matches will take place this weekend on the following parks;

As quoted on League Website......................

Depressing innit?
We don't normally have the deluge of rain-soaked pitches causing matches to be postponed until about late Jan or Feb.
Pisses me off no end this **** does. :(

My match on Sunday is some 100 yards from a major river, and the field the pitch is in is surrounded by drainage ditches so when it pours down the ditches overflow and floods everywhere and the the pitch is flat as a pancake so i'm not holding my breath(private owned pitch not council)
phone call to the manager tomorrow methinks.

My cup game is still on at the moment. Crazy wind tomorrow might put an end to that.

Feels like I have retired. :)

As it stands my premier division game is still on. Hope it stays that way

Just had email from fixtures secretary my match is off on Sunday pitch waterlogged, and is now being used for training for the 2056 Olympic swimming team.

Reactions: SM
Supposed to be up at Clitheroe area tomorrow, not looking good. On a 3G for a friendly Sunday, so should get at least one game in this weekend

No rain here but there is some crazy wind. Game on currently. Remains the seen if it remains that way. :)

Back