A&H

Few incidents

The Referee Store
Quite a lot going on in there.

Of the things that struck me; with the incident at the end, you did seem to turn too quickly and miss a heavy shoulder charge on the defender by the white attacker - Could possibly have been better managed with the awarding of a DFK and a stern talking to for the offender. Possibly could have avoided then having to send the goal keeper off. What did he say which made you send him off? Guessing it was OFFINABUS?

Good spot on the handball for the penalty at the start :D Very good position to see it.

I thing most of the calls here were correctly made. The handball was clear.
Here is a few issues:
1. Don't get too close to your ARs.
2. Some of the cards given seem a little harsh.

otherwise it was a good. Thanks

I thing most of the calls here were correctly made. The handball was clear.
Here is a few issues:
1. Don't get too close to your ARs.
2. Some of the cards given seem a little harsh.

otherwise it was a good. Thanks

I disagree. I thought the cards seemed solid and "ballsy" calls. The yellows in the middle were more because they broke up a promising attack, not the severity, the way I see it

I disagree. I thought the cards seemed solid and "ballsy" calls. The yellows in the middle were more because they broke up a promising attack, not the severity, the way I see it
I am talking about 'in my own opinion".

As am I. Its a forum. I didn't realise we needed to state that each time we made a comment pal!
Everybody's way of officiating a match is different but at the end of the day we (referee) we need to act professionally and enforce the LOTG. Hehe, I don't know whther my english makes sense.

What country are you in grug? I'd make an uneducated guess at Canada? Looks brilliant.

Please keep it civil gentlemen. Let's get back to the OP and avoid wandering off into alternative topics

You've not been watching Bambi again have you SM? You're a right softy recently.

Red was for OFFINABUS.
Two yellows were for breaking up promising attacks, third was for delaying the restart.
And I'm in Australia,

I definitely missed the shoulder charge, hold my hand up for that one. About getting too close to my ARs, both ARs were relatively new and inexperienced so didn't want to leave to their own devices too much.

Last edited:
Red was for OFFINABUS.
Two yellows were for breaking up promising attacks, third was for delaying the restart.
And I'm in Australia, league was the National Premier League Reserves :) This was my second year of officiating.

I definitely missed the shoulder charge, hold my hand up for that one. About getting too close to my ARs, both ARs were relatively new and inexperienced so didn't want to leave to their own devices too much.
That was a good job. Keep up

I like a ref who pops over to their ARs now and again - helps with teamwork, team-building ... quite often a ref will say at the start of the game to see how the ref is calling fouls and to go along with that - to see and hear what the ref is doing helps

Well done Grug on your match control and a very calm disposition with dealing with incidents in the video

I'm a softy so may not have cautioned for the kick away - none of the opposition were trying to get the ball to re-start play quickly - but having said that - they couldn't anyway after the ball was kicked away! ... it's definitely the right call though (I'm just to soft to give this one sometimes!)

Red was for OFFINABUS.
And I'm in Australia, league was the National Premier League Reserves :) This was my second year of officiating.

Looks like a good game to me!

Out of curiosity, which football state (or zone) do you referee for? I just finished my first season for Northern NSW Football.

I noticed the AR lifted the flag straight up with his left hand in the first clip.
I wouldn't be sure what he was indicating in a UK match. I'd assume he was indicating offside (albeit with the wrong hand)
Is it not the norm for the flag to indicate the direction in Oz?

I noticed the AR lifted the flag straight up with his left hand in the first clip.
I wouldn't be sure what he was indicating in a UK match. I'd assume he was indicating offside (albeit with the wrong hand)

In my experience on Australian fields, the AR typically does use his right hand for offside. If there is a foul (excluding offside), he will wave the flag above his head and then point in the direction of the restart.

Looks like a good game to me!

Out of curiosity, which football state (or zone) do you referee for? I just finished my first season for Northern NSW Football.

Football West :)

The AR was flagging for a foul, he's inexperienced though and flagged with the wrong hand and didn't complete the signal. When we are flagging for a foul we always make sure the flag goes up in the same hand that we're going to be using to show the direction of the free kick.

Do you remember what the keeper said for the OFFINABUS grug?

He made a racist remark.

In my experience on Australian fields, the AR typically does use his right hand for offside. If there is a foul (excluding offside), he will wave the flag above his head and then point in the direction of the restart.

Correct except we don't "waggle" the flag. It's just straight up in the air, then direction of restart.

Back