A&H

Fifa test and yoyo IR test - have you done it?

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Our season starts in a few weeks.
My only compulsory is to do 2500m in the cooper (12mins).
But, next level up (for R and AR), which I am hoping for next year, especially AR, and a few matches this year... requires the Fifa ref fitness test (150m-30s, 50m-40s x20) and the yoyo (16.1). I guess there will also be the sprint (40m in 6.4s 6/7 times)

I have tracked 4-6km on the line and 6-11km in the middle (different half lengths). I am quick for 40 but not a practicing jogger. The yoyo at 16.1 looks OK. Looks a lot tougher at 18.1! The sprint I think is OK.

But the fifa test, how hard is it... have you done. it.. what level and fitness level are you?

The Referee Store
I did this with a PGMOL referee a few years ago and his put a lot of emphasis on making sure you use the full allocated time for walking 50m's. There's no reward for doing it faster, ideally, you use as much of the 40 seconds as possible to allow maximum recovery.

Anyone know how the yoyo test works? I realise it is little like the old school bleep test, but the amount of running and walking is different?

It's very similar @SM just with a 5m recovery loop at each end. When I get the chance I can get the guidance sheet for it from the PGMOL training area if interested.

Thanks @ASM that would be very handy. I do the bleep test every month or so and would be interested to see how it differs. For instance getting 16.1 in a regular bleep test would require world class/elite levels of fitness!

I do the FIFA fitness test 30run 35 rest twice a season

And the yo-yo we did twice this season u have to get to level 18.2

Anyone know how the yoyo test works? I realise it is little like the old school bleep test, but the amount of running and walking is different?
We are doing YoYo IRT 1. Example here:
My understanding from this confusing site is that there are variations. If I understand correctly the intermittent recovery test is just one variation.

How tough was the fitness test, and what is your fitness level?

It's not to bad if u training for it do maybe 6 laps the 1st week, and then up it as the weeks go on,

I try and keep myself fit so at short notice I can go and do the FIFA test, I did it last week with the polar watch on I can maybe put up the heart rate and speed u need to run at

The yo-yo test u just have to practice it and it doesn't get any easier,,, u just keep pushing urself to u drop lol

Here you go @SM
I've also got the ARIET test (similar tom the yo-yo but specific for ARs) in case its of interest. If anyone wants the audio files for the FIFA / YoYo / Ariet shout as I can get them, including the different times available for the FIFA test.

Attachments

• YOYO Test Protocol.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 52
  • ARIET.pdf
    308.4 KB · Views: 38
Here you go @SM
I've also got the ARIET test (similar tom the yo-yo but specific for ARs) in case its of interest. If anyone wants the audio files for the FIFA / YoYo / Ariet shout as I can get them, including the different times available for the FIFA test.
Brilliant. yes please. I'd love the audio or a link for the AR test.
I loves a crab - right up my street!

Weird... it was there this morning, but not now. Odd.

I've got it at home and will put it onto DropBox this evening and link that for you.

Reactions: SM
Struggling to get the audio on here as the upload tool doesn't like mp3 files and zips are a bit large.

Back