A&H

First match advice

The Referee Store
Sell your decision even if you think you've made a mistake. Confidence will make them think it's right and go along with it.

Didn't want to make a new thread, so thought I would attach to this one, but had my first official game(s) this weekend, doing AR in my citie's 4th tier (and reserve grade as well).
Had a lot of fun, and only a few issues I had with myself, that the referee brought up with me as well:
1) Was a bit flag happy for offsides early in the day. The only time that was really an issue was one that I flagged for a guy running through to chase a through ball in the middle of the field, but I didn't actually see the second person who ran onto it (who was onside) until after I already raised my flag. Got a bit better at that during the day though.
2) Some guy had his kelpie off leash watching the game. First half of the first game, wasn't an issue, she was just sort of hanging around. A couple times in the second half though, she would stand on the sideline and I would have to run out of the way to get back towards the penalty area, and missed a corner because of it. Happened a second time, and then after some dirties to who I thought was the owner, the dog disappeared for the rest of the day.
3) I haven't run like that for a long time, so was a bit out of position the last 5 minutes of the second game.

Back