A&H

Open Age First Men's Game Back

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
So this morning I had my first Men's game back after injury.

It was a cup match, teams were 1 division apart, with the home team being the lower of the two.

Not a massive amount happened, away team went down to 10 men after there number 11 was fouled and he decided to get in the offender's face and call him a c**t.

Even with 10 men away team went 0-1 up a few minutes later.

Second half away captain went in the book for persistent infringement, and the home number 5 for dissent.

Away team went on to win 0-2, no major complaints from either team at the end.

I think I did ok, but it took me a few minutes to get into the game and find my rythm.

Positioning was also all over the place, but not too bad over all

The Referee Store
How did they react to the red card? Sounds correct but it's one players never accept

They were fine with it for the most part.

Got the captain in, explained clearly why he was being sent off.

It happened Infront of the home team "technical area" and I was about 3 feet away which made it an easy sell, and I could use the "it was right in front me, there was no way I could ignore it" card.

Did get a few "he swore why aren't you sending him off" lines throughout the game, but nothing too bad.

There was also a youth match on the neighboring pitch which gave me an extra angle.

Did get a few "he swore why aren't you sending him off" lines throughout the game
That is why, in my explanation for sending off for OFFINABUS i never use the word swear/swore. Always use the word that lotg uses, what he said was offensive/insulting/abusive. That way you don't back yourself into a corner.

That is why, in my explanation for sending off for OFFINABUS i never use the word swear/swore. Always use the word that lotg uses, what he said was offensive/insulting/abusive. That way you don't back yourself into a corner.
I didn't mention swearing when i sent him off. I told them it was for offensive, insulting, or abusive language.

But players will always find a way to try and twist your words.

Even the player i sent off didn't have a problem, he understood why he had to be sent off, he was just disappointed with himself

Reactions: one
I had similar at weekend, gave a fk to gk after challenge by striker which had striker shouting, actually shouting, f off you wee f ing d1ck. Straight away there were shouts of, he cant speak to you like that ref, and even his team mate was like, xxxx, shut it

Towards end of game penalised other team and a player shouted ffs ref, and coach did shout out with, oh its ok for them to swear.

So yes, good to be careful not to confuse swearing, with, offensive etc.

I was probably lucky that both teams were fairly laid back/easy going.

Had built up a good rapport with both teams upto the red card, and managed to keep it up afterwards.

Some teams would have exploded, but then I guess I wish have just had more cautions etc.

Back