A&H

First youth game - advice please

BES

Hi all,

In my first season as a ref I have only done Open age football.

This sat I have my first youth game, U13 9v9. What laws don't apply or change for 9v9? I know I am not provided AR, do they still play off side, usual no back pass etc?

Apologies for the naive questions but had no help from anyone prior to the game.

Cheers

The Referee Store
1.) Are you sure that U13 is 9v9, it normally only goes to U12?
2.) They still have offsides etc
3.) Make sure that you find out in the competition rules how long they play each way, my league U13's are 11v11 and 35mins each way.
4.) Make sure that both managers agree to 35mins because as I'm sure you know, they can shorten the halves.
5.) I have attactched a copy of the FA 9v9 rules for you, this should help you
6.) I wouldn't ask CAR's to do offsides, just do the best you can and if anyone questions you just say that it isn't easy with unofficial linesmen.
7.) Do make sure that you get CAR's to do ins and outs for you.
8.) The game shouldn't as hard as OA but the position of the next phase of play will be more unpredictable. But don't underestimate the language or behaviour of the player/coaches.
9.) Have fun and use your common sense, if something doesn't feel right (like an over enthusiastic parent) do something about it. :) Everyone is there to enjoy it, including you (the ref, @Supermonkey ;))

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/my-foo...otball-association-laws-for-9v9-football.ashx

The only things that are different are the number of players (minimum is six) and the size of the pitch. There are offsides and there are back passes. As @HullRef says, I'd check out the age group thing because I've never seen an under 13 9-a-side match.

Back