A&H

Footballer dies from nasty collision

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
WARNING: May be distressing for some

Truly truly silencing footage. How such an inocuous blow to the head can hit an area that can ultimately kill. Shows how fragile life is.

MOD EDIT - This is a very graphic & potentially disturbing video clip. As OP says, this may be distressing for some, so please do not watch if uncomfortable. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
Horrific...certainly a freak accident.
Highlights that even if a player appears fine after a knock to the head, be wary of any concerning behaviour from him afterwards.

Couldn't tell from the video but it seemed like he also hit his head on the ground from the push.

Though I'm quite aware of what a knock to the head can do - one such knock gave me a lifelong stutter.

We seem to be hearing about more and more freak incidents lately....perhaps that just the digitising of the globe that makes this news more accessible

Horrific...certainly a freak accident.
Highlights that even if a player appears fine after a knock to the head, be wary of any concerning behaviour from him afterwards.

Couldn't tell from the video but it seemed like he also hit his head on the ground from the push.

Though I'm quite aware of what a knock to the head can do - one such knock gave me a lifelong stutter.

We seem to be hearing about more and more freak incidents lately....perhaps that just the digitising of the globe that makes this news more accessible

Reminds me a little of the Stephen Hunt/Petr Cech collision a few years ago, in the respect of how and where the initial contact was.

A medical paper I read shortly after that incident written by the consultant neurosurgeon who treated Cech said if that incident had happened outside the football league Cech wouldn't have been treated correctly and there was a very good chance it would have been fatal, but certainly life changing.

Back