A&H

Review Fox 40 classic cmg finger grip and its brother

The Referee Store
I used it once ... and binned it, such a clart on when writing in your book etc. Just my opinion. I prefer the acme lanyard with the fox 40 classic just free roaming :)

I used one for a season. Really good, you always know where the whistle is! However, it is not without issues. The worst of which is the weather.

Heat or cold make the thing very uncomfortable to wear. Eventually gave up and went with an elastic wrist strap which I much prefer now I am used to it.

I use one, got it from China fox 40 shape and sound but not official fox 40, from eBay/China for £1.58 including delivery, arrived in a week and so is a great trial if you like it you can get a real fox 40 at about a tenner.

I love it, I have used it a number of times and find it far easier and comfortable to use than a lanyard.
Always up to you though.

I always used a lanyard, it's great because you can never let the whistle fall, but it bothers me that I can't use my right hand while whistling (obviously same thing would happen with the finger grip)
So Saturday I'm gonna try to just hold two whistles in my hand (for better grip)

I received one for Christmas and used it anger for the first time last weekend.
I did two games and everything felt natural and I didn't notice any difference from the finger grip to my previous wriststrap lanyard. I will add it was very cold last weekend and I was wearing gloves :) and I will know more once better weather conditions arrive. It's a pukka Fox whistle so the sound is good and clear. It felt balanced and I was able to use both hands/arms to signal without a dangling whistle.
And now I've written this and thought about it, I did notice a difference - it didn't bother me and felt natural whereas I do tend to fiddle with the wriststrap on occasion.
Early doors though.

I always used a lanyard, it's great because you can never let the whistle fall, but it bothers me that I can't use my right hand while whistling (obviously same thing would happen with the finger grip)
So Saturday I'm gonna try to just hold two whistles in my hand (for better grip)
thats the way most referees do it in scotland, just be carefull when signalling i have seen referees signal for throw.corner then have to go and pick up the whistle which has flown out the hand, a bit embarrasing

Back