A&H

FRA NOR

The Referee Store
VR results in PK. And you can see the Norwegian defender, as she is being cautioned, with a perplexed look on her face say what looks like,roughly, "but I got the ball."

VR results in PK. And you can see the Norwegian defender, as she is being cautioned, with a perplexed look on her face say what looks like,roughly, "but I got the ball."
Yeah, it looks like that's what she was saying, which is fairly inexplicable since it had been shown on the stadium's giant screen and she appeared to be gesturing towards it. The replays showed she whiffed the ball completely and caught the opponent on the knee with some force. Even if she did get the slightest of touches on the ball (and I'm not convinced she did) it would have still been a foul.

Yeah, it looks like that's what she was saying, which is fairly inexplicable since it had been shown on the stadium's giant screen and she appeared to be gesturing towards it. The replays showed she whiffed the ball completely and caught the opponent on the knee with some force. Even if she did get the slightest of touches on the ball (and I'm not convinced she did) it would have still been a foul.

I thought it was pretty clear that she successfully played the ball away. But I also think it is an ideal training clip for why playing the ball doesn't mean it isn't a foul.

Back