george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #8
France v Australia
Tuesday, 22 November 2022
22:00 local time (14:00 EST, 19:00 GMT)
Al Janoub

Referee: Victor Gomes (RSA)

Assistant Referee 1: Zakhele Siwela (RSA)
Assistant Referee 2: Souru Phatsoane (LES)
Fourth Official: Salima Mukansanga (RWA)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Katheryn Nesbitt (USA)
Video Assistant Referee: Drew Fischer (CAN)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Adil Zourak (MAR)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Kyle Atkins (USA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Marco Fritz (GER)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Corey Parker (USA)

Today's flood of new threads is now done

The Referee Store
6 minutes added on before halftime. Seems a lot, but there was an injury to Hernandez. 1 minute might have been taken off that for the typical time celebrating the goal which happened shortly after.

Other than that, uneventful so far

Very uneventful officiating wise. Good football to watch
Surprisingly...
I think the skippies might want to start pressing a little harder. The frogs will come over the top if they keep sitting back.

Couple of late challenges now into 55'

Surprisingly...
I think the skippies might want to start pressing a little harder. The frogs will come over the top if they keep sitting back.

Couple of late challenges now into 55'
France turned it round after a shakey first few minutes. Let's see what that curse has to say this year

Really good refereeing performance - nipped issues in the bud as they arose. Short sharp conversations around blatant fouls and holding before restarts.
Cautions when Aus temperature increased as the scoreboard got worse.
Very little in the way of dissent

Surely too much interference at corners again though. They’ve been told to do it - but all the stop start corners are grating for me. Get on with it! Let the players take responsibility!
Agree, and more often not they are talking to players that haven't even touched each other and the players look baffled.

The real solution is to call fouls so players know they will be called. But they don’t really want to call the fouls. So this is all theatre without substance.

Back