A&H

FRA vs POL Matchday 14 - Valenzuela (VEN)

The Referee Store
he actually feinted/stopped/stalled twice. It’s Total 🐂💩.. we shouldn’t be just accepting this crap.
Despite what our opinion on what should or should not happen, what is very important is that we all apply the laws as written, especially the ones that are very clear. That's what brings consistency (well as much as possible) to the way the game is refereed across all games.

Whether we like it or not, that's the laws...

Personally I think players stop/start/stuttering in the run up sets them up to look stupid when they miss/it's saved, but with all the diving and holding of faces (when they get hit in the stomach), modern players obviously don't care if they look stupid and it's their choice.

If you want an example of illegal feinting as the law stands, look up John Aldridge in the '80s!

Personally I'd like any deliberate diving without contact should be a send off with automatic three match ban, and any deliberate diving with contact (that is not careless) should be a caution.

But unfortunately for me, and fortunately for others I still apply the law and keep it as caution 😊

he actually feinted/stopped/stalled twice. It’s Total 🐂💩.. we shouldn’t be just accepting this crap.
Apply for a job at IFAB then.

This is a refereeing forum, we are referees, we can only apply the laws as they currently exist. And with the current laws, as you have been repeatedly told, there was nothing wrong with Lewandowski's penalty.

Apply for a job at IFAB then.

This is a refereeing forum, we are referees, we can only apply the laws as they currently exist. And with the current laws, as you have been repeatedly told, there was nothing wrong with Lewandowski's penalty.
I might just do that.
Doesn’t mean we can’t just have a bit of banter about the laws we administer.

Seeing the Giroud disallowed overhead kick. Should be a goal. Major error by the referee I think. If he doesn’t blow, VAR is not taking that back. Maybe the player on the line makes more of an effort and saves it but certainly no foul. Should not have stopped the game.

Better though. I vote ban all pausing, feinting, hopping in the run up
Even the NFHS doesn't do that, though. Under NFHS rules, the player is still "permitted to use a stutter step or a hesitation move ..."

So basically any kind of feinting is allowed, so long as the player doesn't actually come to a complete stop.

100%. Just run up and tw*t it top bins. Anything else deserves a yellow tbh.
I always tell my son "get a routine, pick a corner, and hit it with pace." If the keeper saves it, then tip your hat to him. All of this hopping, stuttering, etc. is pointless. I equate it to a basketball player having a routine for a free throw. Have that routine every single time.

If you want to see what's probably the perfect penalty kick, look at Christian Pulisic's penalty against Mexico in the 2021 CONCACAF Nations League final. Two step runup with a hard shot to the keeper's upper left. Unstoppable.

Hard to see that happening. As GKs are getting better at stopping PKs, why would IFAB want to add restrictions on the shooter on what is supposed to be a harsh punishment?
Outfield players gonna have to get better at sticking 'em in the postage stamp then :D

Back