A&H

freezing weather! keep warm!?

Very interesting everyone!
On my note I have finally ventured into the glove domain... I brought them with me yesterday (They are a thin nike "footballing glove")...
my new stance is, I will not start a game with them on, but if at any point I struggle to write a goal or name down, i will venture towards the bag and go to the dark side,

As for base layers, I rushed around and hurried into a purchase of a short sleeved campari (I think thats the make) base layer, not expecting much... having added an extra t-shirt, halfway through the first half I had to take off the extra layer... the base layer aone was very warm... I am very impressed! and at only 6 quid come highly recommended!! - going to get the long sleeve version now too!.
might be easier to start with the gloves on gary then take them off if you get nice roasty toasty fingers. i see you sometimes wear short sleeved referee tops. just remember short sleeves and gloves just looks totally stupid, leave that to the players lol

The Referee Store
I just wear a normal t-shirt under my ref shirt..lovely jubbly warm.......-1 and below ,the fingerless gloves go on i'm not so much " go to the dark side" as much as venture into the "realm of sensibility"..................

might be easier to start with the gloves on gary then take them off if you get nice roasty toasty fingers. i see you sometimes wear short sleeved referee tops. just remember short sleeves and gloves just looks totally stupid, leave that to the players lol
I beg to differ, i wear short sleeves when i wear my fingerless gloves and i don't really care what it looks like because i am warm,able to write and not shivering me nuts off.....

Personally, I think we should do whatever we need to do to stay comfortable; anything else and your mind wont be on the game. I did see a ref the other day with full length thermal leggings on (he did have his shorts on as well!) - not for me personally but it didn't look ridiculous. My view is that as long as you look (and act!) professional, do what you need to do. My bigger concern is those referees I see wearing assorted oddments with bright pink boots, grey tracksuit bottoms tucked in to non-black socks, and a t-shirt that may one day have been black. And they were league appointed, so not just someone from the home team standing in.

Personally, I think we should do whatever we need to do to stay comfortable; anything else and your mind wont be on the game. I did see a ref the other day with full length thermal leggings on (he did have his shorts on as well!) - not for me personally but it didn't look ridiculous. My view is that as long as you look (and act!) professional, do what you need to do. My bigger concern is those referees I see wearing assorted oddments with bright pink boots, grey tracksuit bottoms tucked in to non-black socks, and a t-shirt that may one day have been black. And they were league appointed, so not just someone from the home team standing in.
black thermals or tracksuit trousers worn under the shorts and socks are perfectly ok imo,as i was told by a very wise referee if you are concentrating on being cold how can you concentrate on the game

Back