A&H

Fulham v Tottenham

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Harsh booking for Danny Rose I think.
Just because he hit the deck doesn't mean it is a dive if not a foul.
He wasn't trying to win a penalty and neither appealed for anything. However I actually thought it was a foul. He has to be 100% certain surely for it to be a card and I don't think he was. He even seemed unsure with his signal. It felt like he blew, was giving it to spurs and thought no its not a foul but best way to get out of it is to give a dive and thus caution. There was no conviction in the decision.

The Referee Store
At match speed I though it was a penalty (on first view), it was outside the box, but it looked a simple foul.. Harsh card that as you say!!

Not even a consideration for putting someone in a headlock then throwing them towards the ground? I’m not sure how it can be completely ruled out as violence
No
Mr Parwson, who I have a history of deriding, should not have booked both players however

Would anyone be tempted to go with a red for VC for the wrestling move Mitrovic performed on Sanchez?

Sadly the clip has been removed. =/

EDIT:

Found a clip... What on Earth did Sanchez get cautioned for? I can see absolutely no reason for him getting a yellow given that Mitrovic basically tries to do a wrestling move on him and he didn't retaliate at all...

Last edited:
He retaliates after, when they're both standing up.

That's one of the things I don't like about cautions.
He gets thrown to the floor wrestling style and the guy who done it gets cautioned for that.
He gets cautioned for getting up and retaliation (though I never actually saw him retaliate. He walked away, or tried to) is the same - in fact mitrovic retaliated to the retaliation. So they should both be cautioned for the retaliation whilst mitrovic gets cautioned for the offence.
Hope that makes sense lol

It's like having the mindset of "I'm already booked may as well have a mini push around too and get him booked too for what I'm going to do too".

Found a clip... What on Earth did Sanchez get cautioned for? I can see absolutely no reason for him getting a yellow given that Mitrovic basically tries to do a wrestling move on him and he didn't retaliate at all...

Mitrovic deserved his caution.

Sanchez was correctly cautioned for (IMO) adopting an aggressive attitude (reaction to being fouled/manhandled). :)

He walked away, or tried to) is the same - in fact mitrovic retaliated to the retaliation.

He walked away, sensibly, but only after he had reacted. Referees at that level are always expected to caution at least one from each team when actions lead to a mass confrontation.

Back