A&H

Futsalers - are you dealing with old laws/new laws?

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Futsal has just started here now that our outdoor season is finished (0 degrees and 10 cm of snow today:( ).

I've done a handful of games - tournament semi shoot out with 14 sudden death pens the highlight.

It is super hard to get my head around the old futsal laws (that date to 2014-15) having spent so long with the new 11-a-side laws.

Some things are easy enough to remember: no goal direct from KO, dropped ball only needs more than one touch from the same player - not a different player - before a goal... but the re-starts for sub and on/off field offences. Lord, that's a mind bender - anyone else dealing with this?

The Referee Store
Everyone that's a futsal ref is going through this at the moment.

I've been told that there will be new futsal Laws coming "soon" (I suspect for next season), but it's unclear how "aligned" they'll be with the new IFAB football LotG.

Everyone that's a futsal ref is going through this at the moment.

I've been told that there will be new futsal Laws coming "soon" (I suspect for next season), but it's unclear how "aligned" they'll be with the new IFAB football LotG.
Got any tips for remembering the differences?
(And of course I don't mean the actual different aspects, like counts, I mean the stuff that's the same same but different... you know what I mean)

I've got a cheat sheet that I wrote out for some of those basics that I need to remember. Wrote it on a recipe card with 7-8 lines of "double check this stuff you moron" things to remember :)

I just got a 20/20 on the areferee.com futsal quiz. Rejoice! I'm ready for the most tricky games of the season so far. Tricky because the first is with a colleague that usually requires more management than the players, and the second is a local side with history and faces. Let's see...

Back