A&H

GK handling DOGSO

Was that not 5/6 a side football where the players aren't allowed into the penalty area either though?
No, it wasn't - it was 7-a-side on outdoor fields about 2/3 of full size, rectangular penalty areas and no restriction on outfield players entering the penalty area.

The Referee Store
No, it wasn't - it was 7-a-side on outdoor fields about 2/3 of full size, rectangular penalty areas and no restriction on outfield players entering the penalty area.

I see.

Bizarre.

I've done a couple of youth tournaments (5/6 a side) outdoors in the past where that "sending off" rule was in use, but from what I can remember, nobody but the GK could enter the "penalty area". The only waiver to the GK sending off rule was, as I recall, if the referee considered that it was "natural momentum" that caused it - but again, I think that applied to outfield players entering the area as well ...

Free kick only for me. The language in the background is simply awful. Yes, heard it before but very unpleasant.

There was one on last day of PL season - can't remember where. GK got a yellow card and the commentator showed the usual lack of law knowledge by saying, 'Strictly by the letter of the law, he was lucky not to get a red card'

Cue me screaming at the the TV 'What letter of what law would that be then?!':rolleyes:

I remember that incident - I startled my wife by literally screaming at the TV, just like you (I'm normally fairly quiet when watching games involving teams I don't support).

Back