A&H

glasses

I wore glasses refereeing. Sure, I'd get a few comments about them, but not too much - and if it wasn't the glasses they would have said something else anyway. Biggest downside is weather, particular if it starts to rain, or when they fog up.
Because of that, if it even looks like it might rain I have to wear a hat, simply because if it rains on the glasses, I can't see a thing. Haven't found contacts that are comfortable yet.

The Referee Store
Another downside of glasses is that you must ask players not to wear them while you are yourself wearing some.

I wear my glasses!

I am the 'should have gone specsavers' ref!

I wear contacts when I play, but I find my vision isn't as strong and as such think it might effect my ref ability!

Interested to know how you manage with glasses when it is raining ?

I can recommend a great supplier of single use lenses. I have used these for 5 years now. Excellent quality, price and delivery !
www.daysoftcontactlenses.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a hat the moment it even looks like it could possibly rain. Does mean I run around on overcast days wearing a hat, but oh well!

The worst is when I adjust the position of the glasses and they instantly fog up :p

Back