A&H

Open Age Goal Nets

one

RefChat Addict
Is this acceptable?

11165332_967713069928951_1625446094739952674_n.jpg

The Referee Store
Not for me. As someone who saw my left back during my playing days get his arm caught in the net when it was like this (probably slightly worse) and snap it... I'd be asking for the home team to peg it back further.

Play without nets ?? How could you judge if a goal was scored? Did it shoot past the post for a goal kick or did it go in?
The home team put the nets up so should have the means to adjust them as necessary.
Mike, playing without nets, though a complete ballache, would at least be within the LOTG. Playing with equipment on the field that is dangerous (see @HertsFinest post above) just feels too risky too me. But each to their own of course :)

Mike, if your competition rules specify that goal nets are mandatory (as many do) then you're obviously well within your rights to make this choice. However if they don't, then my advice would be to think twice before doing this, as clubs can rightly point out that nets are not officially needed to make a FOP 'legal' .(bizarrely, unlike corner flags!)

Try playing without nets just once. You won't do it again. Trust me!

i had this a couple of seasons ago in another county...... Both teams could not provide an AR as they just had a bare eleven(both managers were playing too) so i said to both managers(who in turn told the players) i will let the game go ahead without linesman but i will make the calls as i see them and i don't want any complaints... all in was agreement..... About 20 minutes into play all the disagreements were creeping in "corner ref!"Goal kick ref!" "Our throw ref!".... It made the game harder to control than necessary.... So what would it have been like without nets...Um no thank you hence... No nets... No game.

For me , looking at the pic .......the nets have been thrown up in a rather lazy way .

I would have them re pegged .

The issue is that the net might stop the ball from crossing the line or even push back the ball that has crossed the line into the FOP (in a case where a ball is bounced up on the goal line with not too much forward force).

The back of the net was pulled back as far as possible so re-pegging would not have helped. It needed 'squaring' up at the back using poles. There were no facilities to fix it up.

The options were 1.No play. 2.play without nets 3. Plays as it was. I took the last option. IMO the first two options had the potential to cause far more issues than the last one. No issues caused by the nets in my game. A report sent.

EDIT: I had ARs in the game. I asked them to make sure they follow the ball all the way to the goal line to minimise potential risks.

Play the game .... looks like they could have done better in the far corner

Good to see the goalposts the same width as the lines on the pitch - even if they both looked very thin !!

Back