A&H

Junior/Youth Goal or not? KFTM

The only bit of relevant laws supports both views ironically.

The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed.

Allow the goal, fine. Decide not to allow the goal, fine. LOTG support whatever the referee decides he wishes to do. :D

The Referee Store
@SM I am glad you used the word 'ironically'. One (not I) could decide the penalty is complete as soon as the ball is kicked and before it has reached the goalkeeper/goal line and one would be correct in law. But @one (I) suspects one would not be getting many more games to referee for a while after that.

I've watched it several times and would be giving it all day long. For me its a case of the keeper being an utter tool more than anything. I'm not there to judge if the ball had forwards or backwards or vertical momentum. However as it happens in such a short space of time I'd give it. Had the keeper caught it, dropped the ball and it hit his heel or something and trickled in I wouldnt, but for me in the clip the keeper didnt have full control of the ball so still "live" in my mind.

We are talking penalty shootout here( not normal penalty take) if it hits keeper then goes in of course its a goal : if it hits post and comes back out in a penalty shootout the taker cannot hit the ball a second time
Exactly....... it comes OUT hits the keeperand goes in.....

Forget the forward movement thing.

Disagree.... the keeper stops the ball...... kick saved no goal (hence forward momentum stopped) .... the keeper for a split second holds the ball then throws it and it spins back into the goal....

Disagree.... the keeper stops the ball...... kick saved no goal (hence forward momentum stopped) .... the keeper for a split second holds the ball then throws it and it spins back into the goal....

What page in the LOTG covers the requirement for 'forward momentum' to be stopped?

And if you really think the GK had control of that ball at any point in proceedings......?

What page in the LOTG covers the requirement for 'forward momentum' to be stopped?

And if you really think the GK had control of that ball at any point in proceedings......?
Nothing in the LOTG concerning "forward momentum" just a bit of reasoning on my part. If you look carefully the keeper does stop the ball then for a split second holds it then throws it which then spins round into the goal......so he has stopped the ball from entering the net so no goal scored.... it all has happened so fast and i'm sure if i was the ref there and then i would have given it.... but being able to see it again,and again and in slow motion we can make a different call......

Watched it over and over and over again.....

Goal every time.

Back